3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

I've been using this for about 5-6 weeks now and I am really happy with it. I have very sensitive, combination skin. It took a while to get used to as you smooth it on to dry skin and then rinse it off (so it feels like you are just rubbing lotion over your face). I'm not sure if it effectively gets rid of eye make up, as I always remove my eyeliner, eye shadow and mascara before washing my face using coconut oil. It takes about 1.5 pumps for my entire face. I massage it over my skin for about 30 seconds and then rinse. I'm not entirely sure if this product has been doing wonders for my skin, or if what I used before was irritating it, but my skin has really improved over the last 5 weeks. No breakouts, my t-zone is less oily, and the texture has improved. I exfoliate every few days using a gentle face cloth and I use this product every night. I do not use product to wash my face in the AM, I just rinse with water. After 5-6 weeks of use, the container still feels really full, so I guess a little goes a long way. I plan on re-buying this product.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

8 years ago

This is a very moisturizing cleanser. Great quality, smell and cleansing but... do not use if you are prone to break outs. This is meant for people with dry skin. It clogged my pores in the areas were I'm prone to breakouts but left the dry areas moist and healthy. Great product but not for me.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Fine

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I bought this by accident meaning to buy the cleansing oil. Well then, what a nice surprise for my winter skin. I use Retin-A so it's easy to overdo cleansing. Found this removed my ss, waterproof mascara, and face makeup. The trick is to apply to the eye area first and then smooth it on the face. Then I massage my lashes lightly. Add a bit of water to emulsify, then a bit more light sweeping motion on my lashes. The trick is to add water and massage to get your skin really clean. Rinse. Voila. Intense makeup gone. I do use Fancl (Boscia's parent company) washing powder on my t-zone most of the time, but I hate to order this. The Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel is great, too. However, I prefer the Fancl Washing Powder. Every few days, I add a bit of water and shave with this in the emulsified condition to remove facial hair. [sue me, shaving is the best way I've found to remove hair and dry skin] l Mind you, I follow up with Fancl Washing powder on my nose, forehead and chin as my skin can get oily otherwise. Will buy again. Great for the winter months when my skin tends to get dry and tight.

About reviewer (71 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

8 years ago

My skin is screaming for this cleanser right now. I don't know what's wrong with me but my combo skin for the first time ever is totally dry.. age? Ugh. I put it on dry and sort of like cleansing oil (but smooth creamy milky white in color instead) it sathers around like a cleansing oil. I then add just a small bit of water and work it into a milky cleanser. It doesn't foam or lather but leaves your skin sooo very soft. It hasn't broken me out.. which is huge. My skin is totally recovering from another cleanser I was using. I really think this is my staple for the winter months. Any time I stray I break out instantly on top of having crusty dry skin. NOT attractive. I love a semi dewy glow. This keeps the creeper away.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

8 years ago

I really like this product, even with my oily skin can get really flaky and dry. I like to use this with my clarisonic. My favorite is still the murad cream cleanser which cleanses better but boscia rinses off better. This is very gentle cream cleanser.

About reviewer (1387 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Tan, Warm

3.0

9 years ago

I was searching for a new organic cleanser for my face and stumbled upon this product. I have dry skin and small dry patches on my cheeks so I was hoping this product could eliminate some of the dryness on my skin. I don't hate the product, but I don't like it either. I use it to cleanse my face in the morning so I don't know how well this wipes off makeup in the evening. It did leave parts of my skin soft and clean, but my dry patches resurface. My skin didn't feel tight, but I did not like the product on my skin after rinsing it off. Don't get me wrong, it didn't feel greasy. I just didn't like that extra film on my face after using it. You would think that with that layer, my dryness would go away. After half an hour, I find flaky skin on my nose. Too bad it didn't work out. It costs $26 which is pricey for a cleanser considering I have to put this on dry skin. I feel like I have to put a lot on to cover my face. I'm guessing it's not going to last a long time. I returned the product.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

2.0

9 years ago

Like the idea of "natural" products BUT this did not remove all of my makeup. I use TM, concealer, blush and highlighter - IMO not much. There was a significant layer of MU left - very sad. Luckily, I got this as a sample at Sephora - it was a generous sample and the sale woman told me to use only a little. I started off using a little bit and realized nothing was coming off, in short, I ended up using the whole container (a sample that was supposed to last for about 4 days) and I still had MU on my face.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

9 years ago

On my seemingly neverending quest to find a replacement for La Mer cleansing cream, I bought a bottle of this after trying a small sample. Directions say to rub into dry skin for 1-2 minutes, which seems a bit excessive, and if you don't use enough product, you and up with kind of a gummy feeling. (I find 2-3 pumps to be perfect, and have also used on damp skin...works the same, imo). Rub the cleanser until it becomes clear and slippery feeling; it so soothing even as it's going on. Feels like it does not wash off completely, which some people may not like, but it's supposed to leave some cream behind to help moisturize. After washing, face is smooth and soft and not the least bit dry. Woke up in the morning with noticably decreased irritation on my cheeks (I had a couple of pores that I poked at; I know, I know...) I do still use a moisturizer after this, especially since it's getting so cold out. Even with the added moisturizer on top, I have not had to use an oil blotting sheet ALL day; I usually use at least one/day, as my Burts Bees moisturizer can leave me a bit shiny. The only other cleanser I have used that has left my skin this soft but not greasy is my beloved La Mer. At less than half the price of La Mer, this cream cleanser so far is great. I have only been using consistantly for a couple of days, so we'll see if the moisturizing and non-drying effects are lasting. Only downside is that the bottle is on the smaller side, and I have a feeling it's going to be hard to get the last of the product out with the pump dispenser, but time will tell...

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

9 years ago

This Boscia cleanser is giving my HG cleanser, DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, some serious competition! I am not affiliated with Boscia Skincare but I wish I were because I love almost every product of theirs that I've tried and this cleanser is no exception. <br><br> I wear some pretty heavy duty makeup - foundation, concealer, eyeshadow primer, gel eyeliner, and Shiseido mascara base + waterproof mascara. This took off everything, although it did have a little trouble lifting the waterproof mascara. The trick is to let the cleanser sit on the eyelashes a bit longer to soak through, then to gently rub it loose. It was very gentle and my skin felt supple afterwards. I did notice that it didn't rinse away cleanly, but I actually kind of like it because my skin didn't feel stripped. If this bugs you, you can always wash with a separate cleanser (I recommend Boscia purifying cleansing gel, another favorite). <br><br> For reference I have combo skin that's not particularly sensitive with an occasional hormonal breakout here and there.

About reviewer (1634 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Warm

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2.0

10 years ago

so i got this as a sample and after testing out foundation + powder, i decided to remove it all by using this cleanser. what caught me totally off guard was the scent of cupcakes. which isn't too bad, but i'm not used to it. so i start using a decent quarter sized amount, but it doesn't seem to be breaking down the foundation at all, so i squirt some more and more until i used to whole sample. i start lathering, feeling that it's not doing much to take off the face makeup. so i rinse and i was shocked at how this product works. my face was completely oily with residues of the foundation and cream cleanser mixed together. it didn't seem to take off any of my foundation at all. it was horrible. i started rubbing my face vigorously, trying to take off all this stuff of my face. then i dried off my face and found that my face didn't feel dirty and was moisturized. looked good and felt good. but i wanted to test it out to see if it really got off my foundation by using a cotton pad with toner. i found that i still had some makeup residue on my face. i wouldn't purchase this, but if you wear MINIMUM face makeup and want something ultra sensitive and moisturizing for your face at the end of the day, you might want to pick up a sample of this to try it out.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

AgeUnder 18