MAC #150 Large Powder Brush

#150 Large Powder Brush

3.4

on 4/4/2018 4:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

About the NEW 150 brush: synthetic version. I was first hesitant about the quality of synthetic brushes for powder, but it turned out very well. The synthetic brush does shed very little, picka up the product very well and does NOT scratch (which the old version did a lot...). I would definitely recommend trying the synthetic version, it is not only animal friendly, but also much better!

The handle and ferule is really well made but the hairs....omg so hard and scratchy and sheds. I don't get it, it's made in Japan, even my Revlon and ecotools powder brush fare way better than this! I take really good care of my brushes, so it's definitely a quality issue with this. On the plus side, it does pick up powder pretty well, just a shame that's it's so scratchy and rough. I paid $85 aud for this.

on 12/20/2016 7:32:00 AM

This one is a little bit scratchy for my face, and it shed. I prefer RT powder brush than this, and that is cheaper than this.

on 4/13/2015 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this brush, this is my fav MAC brush. I use it daily to set my foundation with Guerlain Meteorites pearls. It doesnt shed on me although i clean it weekly. Just tap on the pearls then gently roll it on my face to set my foundation.

I am surprised about the bad reviews. I have been using this brush for many years and love it! Yes it's quite pricy and it sheds during application but a MAC brush is an investment and will usually last you for a good amount of time. I like how big it is, makes it easy to apply finishing powders to set a liquid foundation, touch-up with blot powder, apply bronzers... It deposits a light amount of product, the look achieved is very natural.

I don't know if I got lucky or anything but I love this brush.It hasn't shed on me at all and I find it quite soft.It works really well for powder and all over bronzing!

on 2/1/2015 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this brush from MAC believing it would be good quality and at first I thought it was. The brush was lovely and soft and distributed product well( here comes the but part ), BUT a short time later it started to shed hairs. At first it was just the odd one and then it was a few every single time I used it. It was a huge disappointment as I have eye brushes from MAC which are absolutely fine and do not shed. A massive waste of money :-(.

on 10/28/2014 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Scratchy, shedding mess. Cannot believe they sell this brush...there are better brushes for less than half the price out there, ELF, Revlon, RT etc.

on 10/28/2014 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this big boy after a MAC mua used it to apply foundation, blush, and bronzer. This brush is a fabulous idea in theory, but doesn't deliver. The problem is that it sheds like crazy. My cream blush has all these little brush hairs in it (gross) and the hairs shed on my face. It's not fun picking them out. This brush is RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE, yet performs like a super cheap tool.

on 5/3/2014 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

such a dissappointment, sheds like crazy and doesnt