Pantene Color Revival Shampoo

3.0

I think most "color" shampoos don't stop my fading (I box dye my hair). This one was no different. My hair faded on time as it always does. What I did like about this was that it lathered nicely but didn't feel super dry afterwards. A good lather is important to me because...well.... nothing more then it makes me happy. But the better the lather the drier my hair usually is. Not this shampoo. My hair does have a lot of flyaways and breakage from years of dying and this shampoo didn't help with that but it didn't make it any worse either.

on 10/19/2015 12:24:00 AM

Off topic: great for travel because the lid stays on!
Ok I'm not sure why people think this is any more "chemically" than any other. Actually the ingredient list is shorter than many salon shampoos. I like the lather, the fragrance, and my clean scalp. I recently tried their co-wash and liked that too.
These products kept my hair from shedding, which sadly happened after I tried Suave Rosemary shampoo. I find Pantene products very moisturizing; not the waxy nightmare many people describe. I don't know who came up with "the Pantene effect" but it sounds like a good scifi movie.
As for silicones: they're in EVERYTHING. Even your beloved salon products.
Additionally, being a moisturizing cleanser, my skin isn't dry afterward.

To Read all 45 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/3/2015 7:36:00 PM

Using this shampoo gave me a flaky scalp. I never had issues with dandruff, but after using this 2 in 1 shampoo + conditioner for around 4 weeks, I found my scalp itchy and oily with white flakes. At first I didn't make the connection and just attributed it to sun overexposure, but I got a sample of the Joico K-pak colour therapy shampoo and conditioner and my scalp cleared up instantly. My dry ends felt softer and my hair hasn't felt this clean in weeks. I can finally go 2 days without washing my hair. I can't believe I used pantene for as long as I did and should have made the switch the moment I noticed itchiness.

Overall, this shampoo is just a huge mistake. If your scalp became oily on the second day, consider blaming this shampoo instead of thinking it's actually you.

Good price, horrible product. Completely dried my hair out!!!!! I strongly dislike this product and pantene in general, their products are basically 100% chemicals.. I have never had such unhealthy hair before!!!!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this without reading the reviews and boy do I regret it. I then heard about the "Pantene effect" where after a period of time it doesn't let your hair get natural oils anymore so my hair has been feeling extremely dry, brittle, and tangly (my hair never tangles). I was complaining to my husband about how I keep finding strands of hair on my arms lately and it was bothering me. Yes I shed hair like others but this was excessive. He even said that when he swept the floor he couldn't believe how much hair was around the house and asked if I had done something. I could not figure out why but listen to the other reviews ladies, I don't know if it's Pantene in general or not, but this shampoo will make your hair DRY and FALL out. Usually if I don't really like a product I'd just finish it and not buy it again but unfortunately now that I know the culprit I can't use this again.

on 7/9/2011 12:32:00 AM

This product is bad. Am sure it works well for some people but for me it just not good. The first couple of days was good, i actually love the smell but into the end of the second week my hard starting falling after i shampoo.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This product is horrible. I dye my hair every couple of months, so I was looking for a shampoo that would make my color last and would not be harsh on my hair. At first, this shampoo/conditioner seemed to make my hair shiny and soft, so I continued using it for two months. Big mistake. After a couple months, I noticed a severe amount of hair coming out when I brushed after I got out of the shower. There was a definite build up on my hair also. After two months of changing nothing about my routine with my hair except using this shampoo, my hair had broken off at the ends at least an inch and a half from before I started using it. I was devastated and very disappointed. It had broken off because the shampoo made my hair so dry, limp, and brittle. There are very harsh chemicals in this product. I will NEVER buy a product from Pantene again. As soon as I discontinued using this shampoo and went back to Herbal Essences Color Me Happy, my hair began to look healthier and it stopped falling out. I would NOT recommend this product.

on 9/26/2010 7:37:00 PM

I don't see why everyone thinks this is so bad. I really like it. I got a full-size bottle of this attached to a box of Clairol Natural Instincts hair color, so I thought I'd try it. I use this with the conditioners that come with the hair color. I somehow have ended up with a surplus of them.
Well, this shampoo lathers nicely and cleans my hair very well. I wash my hair 2-3 times a week and this product does a better job at keeping the oil at bay than some other drugstore shampoos I have tried. This also does not seem to fade my hair any more than usual, but that may be due to my only washing it a couple times a week instead of every day. I will continue to use this as long as it keeps coming with my hair color.

on 8/22/2010 12:53:00 PM

I purchased both the shampoo and matching conditioner for $2 at Walmart as I'm a sucker for a great deal! Personally I ended up hating both the shampoo and conditioner after 2 weeks of use. Initially my hair felt soft and so smooth using both products, but then I started noticing my hair looking limp, greasy, and I was getting build up on my scalp. My scalp felt itchy and I started getting white/grey debris and flakes and I have NEVER had this problem before. As soon as I switched products this stopped within 2 days. Needless to say I will never repurchase and have tossed out both bottles.

on 4/28/2010 9:13:00 AM

I bought this shampoo and the matching conditioner as a closeout for $1.99 each. It does a pretty good job of moisturizing, but something in it must be drying out or irritating my scalp because my usual seasonal (winter) dandruff has returned!

Popular Shampoos