CLINIQUE All About Shadow Duo - Neutral Territory

1 review

on 10/18/2018 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

There are reviews here for quads and 8-pans from Clinique with the name "Neutral Territory" but my review is for a lovely duo I picked up recently. This duo consists of a flattering ivory/beige shade (larger pan) and the most interesting and beautiful smokey grey/green/bronze shade. This darker shade is so unusual and it reminds me a lot of a gorgeous colour that was in an Hourglass duo from many years back called Dune. It is so easy to be overwhelmed with large palettes (I purchased 2 larger ones recently and - big surprise - I stare at the shadows in them sometimes, trying to figure out what to use) but smaller ones - 2 to 3 shades - can make getting ready so much easier. This little gem is just perfect for any time I'm in a rush and both of the colours are so creamy and nice to use. The darker shade may not be the most intensely pigmented shadow ever but it applies smoothly and evenly and given how dark and murky it is, the less intense pigmentation can be a plus if you want to avoid an over-the-top look.

Edited to add: while I appreciate someone adding a photo, the duo pictured is NOT Neutral Territory. I think it might be "Like Mink" which is also neutral but warmer and very different from the colours in Neutral Territory. It's still a nice duo but not the one I reviewed (you can see all of them at Clinique's site, though even there, the colour reproduction isn't terribly accurate).