Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define Full Coverage Foundation

Makeup Revolution  Conceal & Define Full Coverage Foundation

3.4

Isododecane, Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Silica, Isobutylmethacrylate/Bis-Hydroxypropyl Dimethicone Acryalate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Peg-Ppg - 10/1 Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Quatenium-90 Bentonite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Lecithin, Polyhydroxysteric Acid, Isopropyl Myristate, Isostearic Acid, Polyglycerol-3 Polyricinoleate. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

Revolution conceal and define foundation-

Make up revolution also known as revolution beauty is a drugstore make up brand co- founded in 2013 by Adam Minto and Tom Allsworth, along with its sister company ‘tam beauty’ and is now well established and is sold in beauty/drug stores worldwide.

Revolution products are available on a number of well known popular online retailers as well as in the British drugstore “Superdrug” also available online at Superdrug or on there own webpage www.revolutionbeauty.com.

Revolution beauty sell a big range of affordable cosmetic products from lip sticks to full pallets from as little as £1! Some people say that cheaper make up isn’t as good or effective as the higher end products however with drugstore make up upping there game as of recent years I’d say now they are about on par and you can find a cheaper dupe for most high end products.

Getting onto the foundation in question, it’s available from Superdrug stores selling at a usual price of £9 however they do a lot of price offers and 3 for 2 deals so sometimes you may be able to purchase it a little cheaper or get a few of there other products to try out too.

The foundation comes in 24 shades which is pretty good going for a “budget makeup brand” so there is a shade to match almost every skin tone and colour.

When this foundation was released I watched a lot of reviews about it from well known beauty influencers online and there was a lot of mixed reviews and controversy so I thought what’s better than just trying it out for myself, after using there conceal and define concealer (£4) for a short while and finding it become my “go to” concealer I thought the foundation must be just as good as it is in the same concept “conceal and define”.

So the foundation is in the same style bottle as the concealer just the foundation is in a bigger bottle, the foundation bottle contains 23ml of product and has a giant ‘doe foot’ applicator to apply the product to the face.

As pictured at the top of the page the bottle is a luxe frosted glass bottle with rose gold label reading all the product details and shade number and is paired with a rose gold screw on lid the lid has the ‘doe foot’ applicator attached.

The foundation is of medium consistency and can be blended out using either a synthetic foundation brush or beauty sponge. I personally use a damp beauty sponge as I feel it gives a better flawless finish.

The foundation is very full coverage and you do not need to use a lot of product to gain that full coverage, once dried down it has a demi-matte finish, meaning it doesn’t cling to dry patches or settle in any fine lines or make the face feel dry, it is a comfortable wear in my opinion.

I use the shade F1 for the foundation and F0.5 in the concealer to brighten highlight points and under eye area, I recommend using the two products together to achieve the best full coverage result, and if you want to set it down I’d recommend using the Revolution bake and finish powder (£5) paired with the Revolution pro fix setting spray (£5).

I personally use all 4 products and after using these products together I get a full coverage and flawless application which lasts for hours upon hours without any wearing off or settling into fine lines, this foundation is by far one of the best drug store foundations I have ever used it is now my favourite and I use it every time I do my make up.

* Coverage- Full
* Finish- Demi-Matte
* Shades- 24
* Application- Can use a Brush or Sponge
* Personal rating- 9/10
* Price range- affordable/drugstore

*Demi matte- A matte finish but appears to the eye dewy not dry.

I think I've found my holy grail foundation.

What I like:
-Looks very smooth and skin-like on me. Friend of mine who's a makeup lover instantly noticed I had on a different foundation because she almost couldn't see it on my skin compared to all my previous foundations.

-AMAZING colour match. I got one of the newer shades (F9.5) and holy crap this is actually a PERFECT shade match. Just FYI it's like NYX Can't Stop foundation in the shade Beige, but not as yellow. It still has a very nice yellow/olive shade, but has the teeniest tiniest bit of red to balance it so I don't look like I have jaundice in camera phones or fluorescent lighting.

-Really good coverage. If applied with a light hand, it's a high medium. It's Definitely buildable to full in my experience.

-No flashback on iPhone camera!

Neutral:
-Oil control is sorta decent. It reduces my oil a bit, but I still get somewhat oily. But not too oily that I feel and look disgusting. I don't mind looking a lil dewy at the end of the day.

-The applicator. It works fine for me, I'm not really picky about this to be honest. I'm even fine with pour out bottles lately. I will say, a doe foot replaces the need for me to pump foundation onto the back of my hand and then wipe it off.

What I don't like:
-Um...so far none? If I had to be really nitpicky, I'd say the quick drying down time. For that reason I'll dot on in one area and blend before I apply foundation to any other area. But it's really not as bad as some other foundations I've tried. No patchiness and no lifting.

Overall, I have been loving this. I've been wanting to try it for so long but didn't because I knew none of the shades would match me. Thankfully Revolution expanded the shade range, and now I've found my holy grail foundation.

on 4/7/2019 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this product guuyyysss 👀 but I do believe compatibility is a strong factor. QuickTime..

Pros
- Medium/ full coverage
- Even
The two factors above are dependent on the quality of your brush. I use the It cosmetics dual ended brush.
- Great amount of product
- Great price
- Beautiful and vast shade range

Cons
- Drying
This foundation is desert dry after setting. I wouldn’t go any further without a setting spray. Also is is important to moisturise you face well with a cream that is absorbant and not one that just sits of the skin. So avid if your skin is dry.
- Mediocre Oil Control
After 6 hours your natural oils will start to break through the foundation which I count on because I like a natural radiant finish. But if you prefer a matte, semi matte finish then this may involve too much blotting for you.
- Unhygenic applicator
I’ve had acne so any applicator that could harbour bacteria is a no no. I barely use sponge applicators for my lipgloss let alone my face. But you can just pour it out or try to remove it the sponge.

Over all the foundation is a thumbs up for me. I have been using foundation for 5 years now and over time have learned that you rarely get the best foundation base without laying/ mixing. This foundation is great to mix as it is a thickener and adds coverage for £9.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Oh, I HATE this foundation. Like I hate it a lot. The price is fair and the shade range is good, but that only matters if the foundation itself is decent right? Well this one isn`t. It separates on my nose and chin ( no other foundation does this on me) , creates a cakey face mask that just ages me for at least 5 years and it is dry like no other. Seriously, I`m talking face moisturizer, face mask, moisturizing primer and spray and nothing. And then it turns into a pool of grease after 2 hours. Okay,no. Just don`t even.
PROS:
- the price
- shade range
- the packaging??? I mean, I guess
CONS:
- coverage is mediocre and if you try to build it up, hello cake face
- separates
- looks dry, then after an hour, crazy oily.

on 2/5/2019 9:50:00 PM

One of my new faves.
Pros:
-packaging (i like the big doe foots)
-shade (I wear F1, it's a fair neutral, good match for mac N10-15)
-Finish: natural and very smooth
-very blendable
-price

Cons:
-has a funky scent (it doesn't contain fragrance, so this isn't really a con)
-isn't super long wearing (but decent)

on 2/2/2019 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Within minutes of applying this foundation, I know this was getting returned. It had a weird finish that looked heavy and caked, like stage makeup. It clearly looked unnatural. It also emphasized texture, making my skin look rough. I returned it ASAP.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was just meh. Like another reviewer said, this isn't for up close encounters. It looked dry and cakey and made all my small flaws stand out while adding more texture on top of that. However, it didn't break my super sensitive skin out and has an impressive shade range. I had to touch up after an average amount of time (two-three hours) and still needed concealer for spots. The giant doe foot applicator is...interesting. I felt like I was holding a giant concealer stick. I just dotted it on my washed hand and dabbed my beauty blender in it, then applied to my face to be hygenic. If I absolutely had to use this, I'd try to use a moisturizing spray and work on my moisturizing routine overall to fight the parched look. However, that's extra money I don't want to spend for a $12 foundation.

I have been very impressed by this foundation. It is very affordable, full coverage, and makes the skin look airbrushed. Up close, however, it does accentuate fine lines, wrinkles, and dry spots. This is my biggest complaint. I don’t spend much time with other people’s faces in mine so I haven’t found this to be a problem but I can imagine that would make this foundation a deal breaker for some people.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

I tested out this foundation because I’d heard so much about it, however from the other makeup revolution foundations I’ve tried I’ve has a pretty bad experience, so wasn’t expecting much.

Pros:
- large colour selection (there are now 50 shades)
- stays on for 8 hours on my oily skin
- doesn’t break me out
- easily get a medium-full coverage
- very buildable! If it comes off on any areas during the day, you can just put more on and it doesn’t go caked
- great price! It’s only £9!
- cruelty free and vegan!

Cons:
- hard to find your shade as the descriptions are wrong and the shades aren’t in any order!

Overall, I really like this foundation and it’s become a staple for my work makeup! It’s one of my favourite drugstore foundations and I haven’t proven out from it!
I definitely recommend testing it out if you’d curious because it works great on my skin, and on my sisters Normal-Dry skin!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: Chloeluckin
Watch my full video on this foundation below:

on 1/16/2019 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really wanted to love this, it's cheap and the amount you get is very generous. The color I purchased was a great match and it was easy to apply. However, shortly after application (and walking away from my mirror and out the door for work) it started to settle into my fine lines under my eyes. That's no good, I only use concealer under my eyes and on a few random dark spots so it cannot settle into those fine lines. I could overlook the fact that it smelled strongly of wall paint, if it performed well. Sadly, this does not. Might be ok for still photos where no close-ups were involved, but no face-to-face interactions.