Kevyn Aucoin NUDEPOP Pro Eyeshadow Palette

Kevyn Aucoin NUDEPOP Pro Eyeshadow Palette

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I seem to be a dissenter today. My last review everyone loved the product and I didn’t. On this one, the previous review disliked it and I LOVE it. We all like different things! Isn’t it great?
So I have been feeling overwhelmed by my eyeshadows lately. Especially my singles. I just don’t have the brain space to put looks together for some reason. So I have been looking for a smaller palette that is simple and easy but a little different and fun. I got this sight unseen based off of Mel Thompson’s review on YouTube. I seem to have very similar eyeshadow tastes to her (her Safari palette review literally happened to me). When I pulled it out I was worried I’d hate it. She even mentioned a viewer told her they got it and returned it without trying it. I get why you might be tempted. And swatching was so so. Some of the shadows didn’t even show up in a swatch, the satins are especially bad for swatching. But then I put it on my eyes. And the heavens opened. Every shade is so gorgeous. It was crazy.
So, the packaging is hard plastic. Sturdy, compact, no wasted space. Minimalistic. Love it. I didn’t notice a smell but I didn’t stick my nose in it either.
The shades feel slippy, there must be a lot of silicone in them. Which I don’t always love so I was wary. But they blend so smoothly and evenly for me. I can build them up. I can blend them together. It’s like magic after some of the formulas I’ve tried lately. The mattes are phenominally gorgeous and smooth. The satins are interesting. They don’t swatch at all, but on the eye with a brush they apply really easily and the sheen is quite strong. They are what I wish Anastasia primavera and Vermeer were. Those disappear and fade and the sheen is chunky and blends weird into other shades. These are smooth and bright. And the glittery chunky looking shades, holy Hannah. Those are stunning on the lid. I use my finger for extra punch. You don’t need fix plus on any of these. They are smooth and have no glittery fallout/or glitter at all. These are like grown up statement eyeshadows. These are Stila glitter and glow all grown up and sophisticated.
Using this palette is the opposite of what I thought it would be. I thought at first all the looks will be the same and I’m not sure how this cool purple goes with this bright amber. But then you play and suddenly you have countless incredible looks. This has been the best surprise I’ve had from a product ever.

on 10/13/2018 8:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I was so excited to get this palette, the reviews on Sephora are mostly good and the colors looked perfect for fall/winter. Nothing unicorn, rainbow or super glitzy, just nice and wearable. The packaging is nice and upon first look I thought sure this would be a winner for me. Sadly, the mattes in this palette don't blend as well as they should for the price, they ended up looking muddy and patchy despite careful blending and a very good primer. The metallic shades, which are supposed to be best applied with a finger pretty much stayed on my finger. I tried with a damp finger and a damp brush and the result was the same: undefined chunks of glitter that were impossible to move on the lid. There was much fallout that did not want to budge. The semi-shimmery shades fared the best, they went on silky, pretty much perfect. For $57 I want at least 90% of the shades in a palette to work for me. I bought this without swatching as none of the Sephora stores by me carry this line. My fault perhaps, but I expected so much more from Kevyn Aucoin I can't even add a lippie for that. I returned this and will continue to seek a neutral palette that works for me.