100%
package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

My favourite hot pink lip colour across any finish, formula or brand. I'm neutral about Rihanna's music. But I love how smart her beauty line has been. The Matemoiselles are very good quality for their price. They're incredibly smooth, opaque and long wearing. And Candy Venom ALWAYS gets noticed - it's a not-too-cold fuchsia, matte but luminous, bright but soft. Flat Out Fabulous comes close, but Fenty's might be a little pinker. I do wish I got more product in the tube. I run through a whole lipstick in a few months. And when I reach the end of Candy Venom, I always feel a bit sad.

About reviewer (129 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

a year ago

I think everyone else who has posted here has stated rather accurately just how incredible this particular lipstick is. Like others have said, it's a matte lipstick that applies like a dream. There's no tugging, or pulling as the formula effortlessly glides over the lips, giving a smooth - and even - finish. And as others have mentioned, the shape of the bullet allows for ease of application. Granted, I do like putting on a little bit of lip liner to give a bit of shape - and a crisp line - to my lips, but I find that can be accomplished with this lipstick alone sans the liner. It does have a tendency to bleed and a little bit and feather, but not the extent of the other lipsticks that I've used in the past. Otherwise, the longevity is impressive, as it stays put throughout the day. But like any other regular matte lipstick, it will come off when eating and drinking. The casing is slim, which makes it perfect for traveling. As far as the shade goes, I love this color. It's a great way to wear a bold lip if you're not comfortable with the more out-there shades that have become popular in recent years. I think the fact that it leans a little bit towards the red end of the spectrum makes it wearable for a majority of skin tones, and I love seeing the varying results. One someone fair, it'll definitely lean true-to-color which is a rich, reddish pink. On darker skin tones, it tends to lean a bit bluer and takes on a more candy-like appearance which is incredibly delectable. Either way, I think this could easily become a staple in anyone's makeup bag.

About reviewer (184 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

a year ago

Candy Venom is a gorgeous shade of hot pink matte lipstick. The colour is quite neutral, leaning neither cool nor warm. As such, I think it will flatter many skin tones! It is definitely a bright colour that will draw attention to your lips. This is the perfect girly, Barbie shade of pink! The bullet has a flat top that evenly coats the lips, and is skinny so it will not apply messily or unevenly. The formula is excellent, completely opaque in one coat! It saturates the lips with a strong burst of colour. These are advertised as matte lipsticks, however I would define them as more 'satin matte' than completely matte. They are non-drying and do not sink into liplines or feather. However, these are not transfer proof. They can last through eating and drinking, though may need to be tidied up slightly due to some slight fading. They fade evenly though which is a bonus. When left alone, not eating or drinking, they do not tend to fade. They last a long time on the lips and stain the lips slightly also. I really love this formula and plan to pick up some other colours.

About reviewer (723 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

a year ago

This is a fantastic lipstick. It glides I’m feeling like a balm but is a very pigmented, quite matte and long wearing lipstick. It isn’t transfer proof, but it doesn’t claim to be so that doesn’t bother me. It wears really well though, and leaves quite a stain behind. The colour is very flattering and wearable despite of how bright it is.

About reviewer (108 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

a year ago

I love the Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick in the fabulous shade called Candy Venom. Candy Venom is a shade of dark pink that's not too dark and not too bright. It may be described as either a fuchsia pink or a cerise pink but either way I would say Candy Venom has a red base or red undertone to it. I'm so glad that Candy Venom actually shows up on my face as a real pink on my lips and not as a purple. Candy Venom doesn't look out of place on me during the daytime and in fact I have received a couple of compliments on it when I've worn it. The Mattemoiselle lipstick as a formula wears quite well and appears to be quite long lasting actually. It feels very lightweight and not dry or uncomfortable. It's true that the size of the Mattemoiselle lipsticks are quite small due to their very slender bullets which may not satisfy everyone and I can see why due to the price of them but at the same time it may be a good idea as some of the Mattemoiselle lipsticks' shades are quite neutral, nude, timeless and classic but a few of the shades are very trendy indeed and may be described as 'experimental' so for those trendier looking shades of Mattemoiselle lipsticks maybe it's better to have a smaller amount of the actual product in the bullet just to try the shade out or just in case you get tired of it. But either way I like the formula of the Mattemoiselle lipsticks I think they're OK and I would definitely buy the Candy Venom shade again as it looks quite flattering. I usually wear Candy Venom without a lip liner but if I felt like wearing a lip liner with it I'd choose to wear the MAC lip pencil in Beet with it which is a beautiful and flattering shade of lip liner which appears to match Candy Venom quite well. Fashion Fair Butterscotch, Black Opal Truly Topaz, Nars Malaga

About reviewer (235 reviews)

Age