Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick in Candy Venom

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick in Candy Venom

on 11/13/2018 1:06:00 AM

Candy Venom is a gorgeous shade of hot pink matte lipstick. The colour is quite neutral, leaning neither cool nor warm. As such, I think it will flatter many skin tones! It is definitely a bright colour that will draw attention to your lips. This is the perfect girly, Barbie shade of pink! The bullet has a flat top that evenly coats the lips, and is skinny so it will not apply messily or unevenly. The formula is excellent, completely opaque in one coat! It saturates the lips with a strong burst of colour. These are advertised as matte lipsticks, however I would define them as more 'satin matte' than completely matte. They are non-drying and do not sink into liplines or feather. However, these are not transfer proof. They can last through eating and drinking, though may need to be tidied up slightly due to some slight fading. They fade evenly though which is a bonus. When left alone, not eating or drinking, they do not tend to fade. They last a long time on the lips and stain the lips slightly also. I really love this formula and plan to pick up some other colours.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a fantastic lipstick. It glides I’m feeling like a balm but is a very pigmented, quite matte and long wearing lipstick. It isn’t transfer proof, but it doesn’t claim to be so that doesn’t bother me. It wears really well though, and leaves quite a stain behind. The colour is very flattering and wearable despite of how bright it is.

on 10/7/2018 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love the Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick in the fabulous shade called Candy Venom. Candy Venom is a shade of dark pink that's not too dark and not too bright. It may be described as either a fuchsia pink or a cerise pink but either way I would say Candy Venom has a red base or red undertone to it.

I'm so glad that Candy Venom actually shows up on my face as a real pink on my lips and not as a purple. Candy Venom doesn't look out of place on me during the daytime and in fact I have received a couple of compliments on it when I've worn it. The Mattemoiselle lipstick as a formula wears quite well and appears to be quite long lasting actually. It feels very lightweight and not dry or uncomfortable.

It's true that the size of the Mattemoiselle lipsticks are quite small due to their very slender bullets which may not satisfy everyone and I can see why due to the price of them but at the same time it may be a good idea as some of the Mattemoiselle lipsticks' shades are quite neutral, nude, timeless and classic but a few of the shades are very trendy indeed and may be described as 'experimental' so for those trendier looking shades of Mattemoiselle lipsticks maybe it's better to have a smaller amount of the actual product in the bullet just to try the shade out or just in case you get tired of it.

But either way I like the formula of the Mattemoiselle lipsticks I think they're OK and I would definitely buy the Candy Venom shade again as it looks quite flattering. I usually wear Candy Venom without a lip liner but if I felt like wearing a lip liner with it I'd choose to wear the MAC lip pencil in Beet with it which is a beautiful and flattering shade of lip liner which appears to match Candy Venom quite well.

Fashion Fair Butterscotch, Black Opal Truly Topaz, Nars Malaga