Anastasia Beverly Hills Sultry Eyeshadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Sultry Eyeshadow Palette

4.7

on 12/30/2018 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I said I would not repurchase this because I never re-buy eyeshadow palettes because its pointless. If there is a particular one I use up, then I would buy a single and move on. I have been a fan of all of the Anastasia palettes. This one has alot of shimmer and glitter, so I doubt it will get as much use as the others, but I thought is was a good collection, and had enough mattes to do an everyday look. I used it more during the holidays, and it will probably not see much action until next year. The actual shadows are the same as usual, well pigmented, soft with some fall out and are "creamy". They blend well, and perform like all the others I have. It is a matter of "do you like it enough to spend the money".

What a pleasant surprise. I was drawn to this because of the cooler toned shadows but was hesitant because of the glitter in the pallet. I bit the bullet and bought it during the Sephora VIB sale. I LOVE this pallet. The shimmer/glitter shadows are not over the top and the mattes are perfection. The coral shade is lovely. Wish they would make this permanent

this is my first ABH eyeshadow palette, i wasn’t going to buy it but i was swatching it in sephora and the shimmer shades suckered me in. im a neutral eyeshadow junkie, lmao. and esp thay this is neutral in undertones. i think ‘bloom’ is the only shade i wont be using in this palette the shadows are very soft and buttery. also the glitter cardboard packaging is super gorgeous

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is an ok palette for me, but it was nearly amazing. A while ago I figured out I don’t like Anastasia’s formula in palettes. I like their singles fine, but not really the palettes. I struggled with the formula of Norvina. So I had no intention of buying this one at all. But then I swatched it and fell for Cyborg.
So the packaging is a rough glitter cardboard. The glitter didn’t rub off which is cool. And it shines so bright under certain lights. It’s small and compact. It has the usual brush which is ok.
The mattes are creamy and thick. I prefer a drier formula so I have to use a super light hand. They are quite powdery. The dark brown turns kind of muddy grey though and doesn’t retain its richness on the eye. And the taupe brown looks just like warm taupe from MR. Usually Anastasia mattes show up much darker on me then they swatch but these weren’t too bad. I don’t love the matte formula but I can use it.
The shimmers are more dense and less squishy than the Norvina shimmers which is another reason I decided to give it a shot. I hated how soft Norvina shimmers were. But they lose a little umph when applied. You can use fix plus to help but they fade a bit throughout the day. Applying with a finger also helps. But they just aren’t as bright as you’d expect. I thought pearl would be the perfect inner corner highlight but I never popped.
Overal I enjoy the color story. The cooler shades drew me in and I really like the pop of coral. It’s a muted coral and quite wearable. But the color selection fell flat for me because the shimmers all swatch as complex interesting colors but they all lose the dimension and complexity when applied which is super disappointing. Half the shimmers look the same or nearly the same on the eye. I loved the idea of pearl, cyborg, and rose quartz (they all performs differently than I expected). But cinder, teak, steampunk, and ember all were too similar on the eye. I wish there had been a cool taupe shimmer instead of one of those because they are all warm. The only cool shimmer is cyborg, and it swatched like a warm silver but applies much lighter and bright initially, then fades. I also felt like there were a lot of shimmers in the palette. I wish there had been one or two more mattes with more variation between those bronzy browns. Between fading, glitter fall out, and so many shades looking similar, I was disappointed.
I wanted to love this palette, but I love the idea of it more than the reality. And every shade is dupeable. Inglot has a beautiful dupe for cyborg. And the mattes are all in other Anastasia palettes. The grey is close to MAC copperplate. And the shimmers all look the same. MAC tempting or Urban Decay Smog works as a dupe for them all.
If you have a small eyeshadow collection, like shimmers and neutrals, this may be for you. But it wasn’t for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Sultry is the limited edition eyeshadow palette for Holiday 2018. You get fourteen eyeshadows, two of which are already sold as single shades [Fresh & Noir] and the remaining twelve are all new; Fresh (Matte ivory pink), Pearl (Metallic pearl white with a soft-pink undertone), Steampunk (Metallic topaz bronze), Rose Quartz (Metallic soft peach with a pink shift), Ember (Metallic bronzed khaki), Bloom (Matte coral pink), Birch (Matte mid-tone yellow taupe), Cinder (Metallic cool-tone beige taupe with gold flecks), Twig (Matte mid-tone taupe), Teak (Metallic golden brown), Dystopian (Matte dark ash brown), Cyborg (Metallic silver with a violet undertone), Slate (Matte slate grey) and Noir (Matte deep black). You also get a double-ended brush, with is surprisingly high quality and is something that I regularly use.

Sultry stood out to me as most of the shades are on the neutral or cooler side - such a breath of fresh air. The shadows all have fantastic pigmentation, everything is easy to blend & build up, and there's no heavy shimmer/glitter that doesn't adhere to skin and goes everywhere, plus everything is crease & fade resistant. I've not had any issues with shades muddying together or oxidizing to feedback - I believe those problems are being caused by people applying too much product and/or overblending the soft shadows. Speaking of soft shadow; there is kick-up with most of the shades in this palette when I dip my brushes into the pans, but that is something that never really bothers me as long as the powders apply and perform well, which these do.There's not one shade that I think isn't up to the usual standard of ABH quality.

In my experience the ABH eyeshadows are some of the very few "mad raves" cosmetic products I've tried that has lived up to their hype for me. I've been strict and removed a lippie as you only get 11g of product in this palette, which is very stingy considering the £46 price tag. Also; I dislike it when palettes only include one bold random colour pop, so would have preferred it if Noir had been left out of the palette [how many black mattes do we need?!] in favor of another bolder coordinating shade to Bloom, to make it easier to take the shade further - personally I don't find it very complementary to anything we get in Sultry and have only used it with another palette (ABH Modern Renaissance).

on 11/3/2018 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Another brilliant palette from ABH. The shadows are beautifully creamy and blend like a dream. You can create subtle daytime looks to very glam evening looks with this, so it's very versatile. The glitter shades don't emphasise eye lines, stay in place and don't have major fallout onto the skin. The pop of colour in the palette enables you to lift any look you create - an excellent addition to this cool neutral colour range. Overall very impressed with this palette.

on 11/2/2018 4:53:00 AM

The pictures do not do this palette justice. I went in store and swatched it and I was in love! I bought it immediately! After having used it I must say the pigmentation is fenomenal, the shimmer shadows look beautiful and stay on all day, everything blends like a dream and honestly the colours are the most beautiful cool tones I have ever seen in a palette! I understand why the price is what it is (although I wish it was a little cheaper than 56 euro in Europe)!!!!

on 10/31/2018 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I got it yesterday and wore it yesterday and today.

All the colors are very nice, very complimentary, I do believe they work well on different skin tones. I think it has perfect ratio of mattes and glitters. And glitters are something special. They are very creamy and easy to apply. I apply them with brush without a problem, do not need to use my fingers. I applied them in the morning and remained really well on the eyelids during the day ( I do use UD primer potion always) but I do have droopy eyelids and mostly can see glitters forming a crease and in these two days that did not occur. The transition can be made from day time make up to full on glam in no time with this palette. I think if you would need to choose one palette to bring in the suitcase, it would be this one.

As for the Bloom,it is more pinkish-red than coral as many have assumed it would be, but it is flattering. And that verdict is coming from someone who has never used any pink shades ( they really do not look good on me and I generally wear more shades on the neutral side or darker like the ones in Prism palette). Cinder is really nice shade and I love it. I have to say that mostly I do not own many of these shades in previous palettes, there is a difference, which I love ( compared to my UD, Bobbi Brown, Huda Beauty and MAC palettes)

I do hate the fact that there is increase in price, but I hate it because we all spend really hard-earned money on the palettes and brands live from this money while influencers get PR packages which we generally pay for. I think we also deserve a bit more bling in the package than just having our stuff received in boxes from sites where we ordered these.

on 10/30/2018 11:17:00 AM

So the new Anastasia Beverly Hills Sultry Eye Shadow Palette did cost a few more dollars than the rest of the ABH Palettes but I found it to be worth it. Instead of purchasing the Natasha Denona Gold Eye Shadow Palette I saved some money and picked this up for the shimmer and metallic shades. I am quite happy with my purchase and the metallic shades are well worth it. Very creamy, buttery, buildable and blendable. I like that this contains a light shade for the brow bone, a dark black shade for powder eyeliner, and a few more transition shades for the crease. The metallic shades are all I could have hoped for and then some. Very happy with this palette and I'm getting a lot of use of it! My video review and swatches can be seen here:

Wearable shades- even that coral! I almost passed this up because ABH has been so hit or miss. Glad I took a chance I truly will wear every shade in the palette. I find them easy to blend and last well with UDPP under. Quite a few of the metallics are just a bit different from the rest of my collection. The matters are fantastic - and I find I actually am using that coral!