MAC Cosmetics Studio Waterweight Pressed Powder

MAC Cosmetics Studio Waterweight Pressed Powder

on 11/3/2018 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I’m 63 and powder is just not for me anymore. I use MAC Face and Body and sometimes I just want to bring down the shine on my nose. I thought I was buying a loose powder but this is what the sales associate put in my bag. I though, “bah, I’ll just use it!”

Love it! It comes in two shades to a compact. It’s fine enough for under eye while doing the job on oily spots. No creasing or oxidizing on me.

If you have dry skin and shy away from powders, give it a test drive at the MAC counter.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Finding a powder that works on dry skin is nearly impossible. My most used powder over the years has been Clinique Blended but I was never crazy about the colors. After getting the wrong color of MAC Careblend powder at first, but loving the formulation, I finally bought the right color only to have it discontinued. Now, Mac has a new powder for dry skin and I like it even better than Careblend. Studio Waterweight Powder looks completely non powdery yet sets my makeup for a long-lasting finish. I also wear this to the gym and on "no makeup" days as a powder foundation. If you like Mineralize Skinfinish Natural but it's too drying, you'll probably like Studio Waterweight. Since this is a creamier product, I would use a lighter hand applying it than I would with Mineralize. The MUA at the MAC store matched me with "Light." I'm NC15. Studio Waterweight is a dual toned product with a lighter/cooler side and a darker/warmer side. The MUA told me to swirl my brush over the entire pan and then apply. You could also just pick up one color or the other for highlighting but that's too much work for me. This comes with a sponge applicator and a tiny brush. There is also a separate compartment in the compact to store the brush and sponge. This powder is pricey at $36 US, but I'm willing to pay as long MAC keeps making this. For reference, I'm not super dry and I live in a warm/humid climate. I would think anyone in a drier/ colder climate would appreciate this powder even if they don't have dry skin. This is a real winner from MAC.