Kosas Tinted Face Oil

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Kosas Tinted Face Oil

2.8

Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Silica, Kaolin, Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Tocopherol, Limnanthen Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera (Tea) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77499, 77491, 77492).

on 5/15/2019 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Haven't reviewed anything on here in a very long time, but wanted to add my experience to help others decide if this will work for them. I have clear skin with a slightly ruddy, very fair complexion. It's also very dehydrated, which means if I use products that are drying, my face over produces oil to compensate. Lately it seems that the majority of new foundations are designed to be very dewy, or hella matte. Neither one of these formulas work well on my skin. I'm looking for very light coverage that enhances my skin tone and doesn't age my 48 year old skin. Most tinted moisturiser/bb/cc creams don't really absorb into my skin well and look phony and greasy. I'm nw 15 and purchased the Kosas Oil Tint in 2 because it's warmer than 1, but this is sheer enough that I'm sure either would've worked. This is a dry oil formula, so be careful what you pair it with or it will pull up. I tried it with Milk's Hydro primer--pill city! FAB' s new Ultra Repair Hyaluronic Hydrating Primer worked just fine. Not really sure if using a primer is helpful though, or even necessary. This seems to be designed to sink into your skin and give it a beautiful natural glow. I think someone who uses multiple products under their foundation might be disappointed on how this goes on. I do set it with a little powder, but using too much would ruin the healthy skin effect. One benefit is that my skin tolerates this very well and consequently looks better even after I remove it, so I can use less product on my face over all. I wouldn't recommend using more than 3 to 4 drops, it doesn't really give any more coverage and may stay to slide around. If you're trying to look like a Kardashian/drag queen, this will not be for you. Same if you require more coverage. But if your skin is in pretty good shape, this will help you show it off!

I wanted to love this so much. After raving reviews from the clean and non-clean beauty world I purchased 3 bottles in various shades to use on myself and clients alike. It is HORRIBLE on my dry skin. It dries instantly and clings to dry patches. I have tried literally EVERY MUA trick in the book to make it work: every moisturizer, no moisturizer, in the morning, after a hot shower, scrub before, no scrubbing at all.. And sometimes, just magically, it works and when it does it looks beautiful.... But when I repeat that certain process it just doesn’t. I always shake the bottle like a maniac. That is not it. I used it on a client with perfect skin once and was embarrassed because I had to wash her face. Underneath I used Embryolisse which I always use on everyone. I once thought I found the way to make it work: Mix with weleda Skin food.....nope. After 30 minutes I looked in the mirror and was horrified.... what a shame. Buy a tester first!!!!

on 3/23/2019 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Super oily girl here! I usually gravitate toward very matte foundations so buying this was quite a step outside my comfort zone. This is honestly not as oily as I envisioned, it’s very runny but dries satin/velvet. The coverage is actually quite moderate. Evened our skin a lot and overall just looks like you really have naturally nice skin. I usually have to blot every few hours even with matte foundation so I figured this foundation would be worse in that sense. I actually did not have to blot more as I felt that staying power and oil control was similar to my other foundations. The thing I like about this is that once I get oily, this tint just looks “dewy” vs “greasy” and I didn’t feel the need to blot as it looked like I was glowing from within. I was pleasantly surprised by this and I’d advised all you oily people out there to not be scared of this product and test it out!

on 9/23/2018 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I was excited to this product, as it was carried by sites I love, like Beautyhabit and Goop. I bought mine at Revolve in shade 4. It was too light for my NC40 skin; and I’m afraid that’s the good news.

I have dry, clear skin which is moderately reactive. I’m 51, and prefer a natural, no makeup look for my foundation.

The product is liquid, and comes in a good soft plastic bottle that hygenically allows you to drop out product. It runs $42.00 for a good-sized bottle. It reminds me quite a bit of Armani Maestro (but not nearly as good.)

I tried two application types: a brush and with fingers. There was no difference with either method. I applied to a cleansed, moisturized Face. Truly, this is the first time I’ve ever had to wash my face and start all over. The product smears and slides all around, and remains sitting on top of the skin. It grabbed dry skin I wasn’t even aware of, and then proceeded to sit around in patches that pilled if I tried to blend them. It also made horrible little pools in pores. I will be very curious to see in future reviews who this works for, if anyone. There was nothing I could do (primers/no primers/brush/oil base) to make it look even passable.