Kosas Tinted Face Oil

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Kosas Tinted Face Oil

3.8

Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Silica, Kaolin, Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Tocopherol, Limnanthen Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera (Tea) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77499, 77491, 77492).

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Color me not impressed. And while it is cosmetically elegant and delivers the promised dewy, radiant complexion, it is too emollient for acne sensitive or clog prone skins. On someone with dry skin that’s not very reactive this would be fantastic but honestly I’ve found much better for less, like RMS Uncover, Glossier Skin Tint and TheBalm Shelter. I used the shade tone #7. Overall, not bad but not really very impressive.

It broke me out. Tiny under-the-skin whiteheads, and red raised bumps. ugh. finish was ok -- more matt than i like, though.

I was trying out Milk makeup Sunshine skin tint before this and like it much more.

on 4/23/2019 3:56:00 PM

I am on the hunt for a new BB/TM with mineral SPF. I have combination skin, with dry patches most of the year, and facial oils are really helping - so I thought this formulation might work for me. I use BB/TM for the sheer coverage and just to even out my skintone.

I'm AAB/NC25, and got this in Tone 6 (Tan with Olive Undertones). It's a pretty good match overall for summer but since the coverage is forgiving I might try Tone 5 for year-round. Product is very runny and thin, but easy to work with and doesn't dry down too quickly. Feels nice on my skin, as facial oils do for me. I apply 2-3 drops total to my face using fingertips. My skin feels natural with this on, and the finish is very natural. Light coverage. It doesn't settle into fine lines, but then again I touch my face a lot during the day anyway. Works well for me after letting my daily facial oil soak in. Works nicely after primer as well (such as Tarte Base Tape).

Packaging has an oval cross-section, nice to hold, with a white plastic body and black screwtop cap which snaps into alignment when fully closed. There is a fine tip for dispensing the oil, though the product still runs out easily. Shake well before using; there is some kind of agitating ball inside that rattles around as well. It would be nice if the body was transparent, or at least a window so you can tell what shade and how much is left inside. Easy to wipe the bottle clean if you get tint smudges on it.

Unfortunately, this doesn't have any SPF but I really like how this feels and looks on my skin. I'll just have to layer with an SPF-containing product. $42 for 1oz/30mL.

on 3/6/2019 12:54:00 PM

People tend to love or hate this foundation.

I am firmly in the "loving it" camp.

Full disclosure: I am not generally a foundation-wearing person, but a friend urged me to try this. It's a game changer for me.

Three drops into the palm, and spread on my face with my fingers. That's all there is to it. Gives a nice, subtle color.

If you have flaky skin, or use a water-based moisturizer, you may run into problems with it (pilling, etc.). But I don't have dry skin and my moisturizer/SPF (Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream) doesn't fight with it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love this product. It goes on so easily. I prep my skin with an oil primer and once that soaks I’m I put a few drops in my palm, rub my hands together and apply all over. It blends easily but if you use too much it will take a bit longer to blend. It dries down beautifully and makes my skin look so pretty. I look natural but better. I cannot recommend this enough. I’m 46 yrs old with normal to dry skin.