Kosas Tinted Face Oil

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Kosas Tinted Face Oil

2.3

Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Silica, Kaolin, Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Tocopherol, Limnanthen Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera (Tea) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77499, 77491, 77492).

I wanted to love this so much. After raving reviews from the clean and non-clean beauty world I purchased 3 bottles in various shades to use on myself and clients alike. It is HORRIBLE on my dry skin. It dries instantly and clings to dry patches. I have tried literally EVERY MUA trick in the book to make it work: every moisturizer, no moisturizer, in the morning, after a hot shower, scrub before, no scrubbing at all.. And sometimes, just magically, it works and when it does it looks beautiful.... But when I repeat that certain process it just doesn’t. I always shake the bottle like a maniac. That is not it. I used it on a client with perfect skin once and was embarrassed because I had to wash her face. Underneath I used Embryolisse which I always use on everyone. I once thought I found the way to make it work: Mix with weleda Skin food.....nope. After 30 minutes I looked in the mirror and was horrified.... what a shame. Buy a tester first!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love this product. It goes on so easily. I prep my skin with an oil primer and once that soaks I’m I put a few drops in my palm, rub my hands together and apply all over. It blends easily but if you use too much it will take a bit longer to blend. It dries down beautifully and makes my skin look so pretty. I look natural but better. I cannot recommend this enough. I’m 46 yrs old with normal to dry skin.

on 9/23/2018 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I was excited to this product, as it was carried by sites I love, like Beautyhabit and Goop. I bought mine at Revolve in shade 4. It was too light for my NC40 skin; and I’m afraid that’s the good news.

I have dry, clear skin which is moderately reactive. I’m 51, and prefer a natural, no makeup look for my foundation.

The product is liquid, and comes in a good soft plastic bottle that hygenically allows you to drop out product. It runs $42.00 for a good-sized bottle. It reminds me quite a bit of Armani Maestro (but not nearly as good.)

I tried two application types: a brush and with fingers. There was no difference with either method. I applied to a cleansed, moisturized Face. Truly, this is the first time I’ve ever had to wash my face and start all over. The product smears and slides all around, and remains sitting on top of the skin. It grabbed dry skin I wasn’t even aware of, and then proceeded to sit around in patches that pilled if I tried to blend them. It also made horrible little pools in pores. I will be very curious to see in future reviews who this works for, if anyone. There was nothing I could do (primers/no primers/brush/oil base) to make it look even passable.