Kosas Tinted Face Oil

Kosas Tinted Face Oil

3.5

Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Silica, Kaolin, Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Tocopherol, Limnanthen Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera (Tea) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77499, 77491, 77492).

on 9/23/2018 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I was excited to this product, as it was carried by sites I love, like Beautyhabit and Goop. I bought mine at Revolve in shade 4. It was too light for my NC40 skin; and I’m afraid that’s the good news.

I have dry, clear skin which is moderately reactive. I’m 51, and prefer a natural, no makeup look for my foundation.

The product is liquid, and comes in a good soft plastic bottle that hygenically allows you to drop out product. It runs $42.00 for a good-sized bottle. It reminds me quite a bit of Armani Maestro (but not nearly as good.)

I tried two application types: a brush and with fingers. There was no difference with either method. I applied to a cleansed, moisturized Face. Truly, this is the first time I’ve ever had to wash my face and start all over. The product smears and slides all around, and remains sitting on top of the skin. It grabbed dry skin I wasn’t even aware of, and then proceeded to sit around in patches that pilled if I tried to blend them. It also made horrible little pools in pores. I will be very curious to see in future reviews who this works for, if anyone. There was nothing I could do (primers/no primers/brush/oil base) to make it look even passable.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love this product. It goes on so easily. I prep my skin with an oil primer and once that soaks I’m I put a few drops in my palm, rub my hands together and apply all over. It blends easily but if you use too much it will take a bit longer to blend. It dries down beautifully and makes my skin look so pretty. I look natural but better. I cannot recommend this enough. I’m 46 yrs old with normal to dry skin.

on 3/6/2019 12:54:00 PM

People tend to love or hate this foundation.

I am firmly in the "loving it" camp.

Full disclosure: I am not generally a foundation-wearing person, but a friend urged me to try this. It's a game changer for me.

Three drops into the palm, and spread on my face with my fingers. That's all there is to it. Gives a nice, subtle color.

If you have flaky skin, or use a water-based moisturizer, you may run into problems with it (pilling, etc.). But I don't have dry skin and my moisturizer/SPF (Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream) doesn't fight with it.

on 3/23/2019 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Super oily girl here! I usually gravitate toward very matte foundations so buying this was quite a step outside my comfort zone. This is honestly not as oily as I envisioned, it’s very runny but dries satin/velvet. The coverage is actually quite moderate. Evened our skin a lot and overall just looks like you really have naturally nice skin. I usually have to blot every few hours even with matte foundation so I figured this foundation would be worse in that sense. I actually did not have to blot more as I felt that staying power and oil control was similar to my other foundations. The thing I like about this is that once I get oily, this tint just looks “dewy” vs “greasy” and I didn’t feel the need to blot as it looked like I was glowing from within. I was pleasantly surprised by this and I’d advised all you oily people out there to not be scared of this product and test it out!

on 4/16/2019 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have had the Kosas Tinted Face Oil for a couple of months, having been attracted to the idea of a face oil that could double as a foundation/tinted moisturizer. My skin is combination - oilier in the summer and dryer in the winter. I am a big fan of face oils and layering hydrating products eg hyaluronic acid rather than one heavy layer of moisturiser.

I bought the oil from Mecca after being matched instore to shade 5, which is medium with golden undertones (online to shade 6 which was too dark). I am MAC NW25, I have fair to medium skin that goes a nice rosy olive in the summer (despite spf) and a little paler in the winter. I can wear cool and warm shades without any major issues. Shade 4 was a little too pale for me and made me look sickly even though it matched my neck (instore she matched me to my chest).

The product is extremely runny, but you only need 2-3 drops to cover your face. I have tried both applying with my fingers and buffing it in with a brush and for convenience the fingers win. I wear it under a separate face oil. The packaging is sleek and leak proof and it's easy to get product out of the top.

I would say it gives a light natural coverage (your skin but better) which is enough for me. If you want something heavier than that then probably look elsewhere. It's quite hydrating and doesn't cake up or get stuck in any crevices eg nose, between eyebrows etc. It doesn't look greasy at all, just makes my skin glow. You probably won't need a separate glow product/luminiser etc if you use this. I was pleasantly surprised at how naturally radiant/healthy/revitalised I looked when this was first applied in the shop and even more surprised I was able to recreate this at home. It lasts on my skin for a whole work day (8+hours).

The bottle is small but as I said, you only need 2-3 drops for an application, so it should last a while. Currently AU$64 for 30ml.

I would repurchase if I ran out.

on 4/23/2019 3:56:00 PM

I am on the hunt for a new BB/TM with mineral SPF. I have combination skin, with dry patches most of the year, and facial oils are really helping - so I thought this formulation might work for me. I use BB/TM for the sheer coverage and just to even out my skintone.

I'm AAB/NC25, and got this in Tone 6 (Tan with Olive Undertones). It's a pretty good match overall for summer but since the coverage is forgiving I might try Tone 5 for year-round. Product is very runny and thin, but easy to work with and doesn't dry down too quickly. Feels nice on my skin, as facial oils do for me. I apply 2-3 drops total to my face using fingertips. My skin feels natural with this on, and the finish is very natural. Light coverage. It doesn't settle into fine lines, but then again I touch my face a lot during the day anyway. Works well for me after letting my daily facial oil soak in. Works nicely after primer as well (such as Tarte Base Tape).

Packaging has an oval cross-section, nice to hold, with a white plastic body and black screwtop cap which snaps into alignment when fully closed. There is a fine tip for dispensing the oil, though the product still runs out easily. Shake well before using; there is some kind of agitating ball inside that rattles around as well. It would be nice if the body was transparent, or at least a window so you can tell what shade and how much is left inside. Easy to wipe the bottle clean if you get tint smudges on it.

Unfortunately, this doesn't have any SPF but I really like how this feels and looks on my skin. I'll just have to layer with an SPF-containing product. $42 for 1oz/30mL.

I wanted to love this so much. After raving reviews from the clean and non-clean beauty world I purchased 3 bottles in various shades to use on myself and clients alike. It is HORRIBLE on my dry skin. It dries instantly and clings to dry patches. I have tried literally EVERY MUA trick in the book to make it work: every moisturizer, no moisturizer, in the morning, after a hot shower, scrub before, no scrubbing at all.. And sometimes, just magically, it works and when it does it looks beautiful.... But when I repeat that certain process it just doesn’t. I always shake the bottle like a maniac. That is not it. I used it on a client with perfect skin once and was embarrassed because I had to wash her face. Underneath I used Embryolisse which I always use on everyone. I once thought I found the way to make it work: Mix with weleda Skin food.....nope. After 30 minutes I looked in the mirror and was horrified.... what a shame. Buy a tester first!!!!

It broke me out. Tiny under-the-skin whiteheads, and red raised bumps. ugh. finish was ok -- more matt than i like, though.

I was trying out Milk makeup Sunshine skin tint before this and like it much more.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Color me not impressed. And while it is cosmetically elegant and delivers the promised dewy, radiant complexion, it is too emollient for acne sensitive or clog prone skins. On someone with dry skin that’s not very reactive this would be fantastic but honestly I’ve found much better for less, like RMS Uncover, Glossier Skin Tint and TheBalm Shelter. I used the shade tone #7. Overall, not bad but not really very impressive.

on 5/15/2019 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Haven't reviewed anything on here in a very long time, but wanted to add my experience to help others decide if this will work for them. I have clear skin with a slightly ruddy, very fair complexion. It's also very dehydrated, which means if I use products that are drying, my face over produces oil to compensate. Lately it seems that the majority of new foundations are designed to be very dewy, or hella matte. Neither one of these formulas work well on my skin. I'm looking for very light coverage that enhances my skin tone and doesn't age my 48 year old skin. Most tinted moisturiser/bb/cc creams don't really absorb into my skin well and look phony and greasy. I'm nw 15 and purchased the Kosas Oil Tint in 2 because it's warmer than 1, but this is sheer enough that I'm sure either would've worked. This is a dry oil formula, so be careful what you pair it with or it will pull up. I tried it with Milk's Hydro primer--pill city! FAB' s new Ultra Repair Hyaluronic Hydrating Primer worked just fine. Not really sure if using a primer is helpful though, or even necessary. This seems to be designed to sink into your skin and give it a beautiful natural glow. I think someone who uses multiple products under their foundation might be disappointed on how this goes on. I do set it with a little powder, but using too much would ruin the healthy skin effect. One benefit is that my skin tolerates this very well and consequently looks better even after I remove it, so I can use less product on my face over all. I wouldn't recommend using more than 3 to 4 drops, it doesn't really give any more coverage and may stay to slide around. If you're trying to look like a Kardashian/drag queen, this will not be for you. Same if you require more coverage. But if your skin is in pretty good shape, this will help you show it off!