Kosas Tinted Face Oil

Filtered by age: 44-55
Kosas Tinted Face Oil

Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Silica, Kaolin, Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Tocopherol, Limnanthen Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera (Tea) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77499, 77491, 77492).

on 5/15/2019 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Haven't reviewed anything on here in a very long time, but wanted to add my experience to help others decide if this will work for them. I have clear skin with a slightly ruddy, very fair complexion. It's also very dehydrated, which means if I use products that are drying, my face over produces oil to compensate. Lately it seems that the majority of new foundations are designed to be very dewy, or hella matte. Neither one of these formulas work well on my skin. I'm looking for very light coverage that enhances my skin tone and doesn't age my 48 year old skin. Most tinted moisturiser/bb/cc creams don't really absorb into my skin well and look phony and greasy. I'm nw 15 and purchased the Kosas Oil Tint in 2 because it's warmer than 1, but this is sheer enough that I'm sure either would've worked. This is a dry oil formula, so be careful what you pair it with or it will pull up. I tried it with Milk's Hydro primer--pill city! FAB' s new Ultra Repair Hyaluronic Hydrating Primer worked just fine. Not really sure if using a primer is helpful though, or even necessary. This seems to be designed to sink into your skin and give it a beautiful natural glow. I think someone who uses multiple products under their foundation might be disappointed on how this goes on. I do set it with a little powder, but using too much would ruin the healthy skin effect. One benefit is that my skin tolerates this very well and consequently looks better even after I remove it, so I can use less product on my face over all. I wouldn't recommend using more than 3 to 4 drops, it doesn't really give any more coverage and may stay to slide around. If you're trying to look like a Kardashian/drag queen, this will not be for you. Same if you require more coverage. But if your skin is in pretty good shape, this will help you show it off!

on 4/23/2019 3:56:00 PM

I am on the hunt for a new BB/TM with mineral SPF. I have combination skin, with dry patches most of the year, and facial oils are really helping - so I thought this formulation might work for me. I use BB/TM for the sheer coverage and just to even out my skintone.

I'm AAB/NC25, and got this in Tone 6 (Tan with Olive Undertones). It's a pretty good match overall for summer but since the coverage is forgiving I might try Tone 5 for year-round. Product is very runny and thin, but easy to work with and doesn't dry down too quickly. Feels nice on my skin, as facial oils do for me. I apply 2-3 drops total to my face using fingertips. My skin feels natural with this on, and the finish is very natural. Light coverage. It doesn't settle into fine lines, but then again I touch my face a lot during the day anyway. Works well for me after letting my daily facial oil soak in. Works nicely after primer as well (such as Tarte Base Tape).

Packaging has an oval cross-section, nice to hold, with a white plastic body and black screwtop cap which snaps into alignment when fully closed. There is a fine tip for dispensing the oil, though the product still runs out easily. Shake well before using; there is some kind of agitating ball inside that rattles around as well. It would be nice if the body was transparent, or at least a window so you can tell what shade and how much is left inside. Easy to wipe the bottle clean if you get tint smudges on it.

Unfortunately, this doesn't have any SPF but I really like how this feels and looks on my skin. I'll just have to layer with an SPF-containing product. $42 for 1oz/30mL.

on 3/6/2019 12:54:00 PM

People tend to love or hate this foundation.

I am firmly in the "loving it" camp.

Full disclosure: I am not generally a foundation-wearing person, but a friend urged me to try this. It's a game changer for me.

Three drops into the palm, and spread on my face with my fingers. That's all there is to it. Gives a nice, subtle color.

If you have flaky skin, or use a water-based moisturizer, you may run into problems with it (pilling, etc.). But I don't have dry skin and my moisturizer/SPF (Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream) doesn't fight with it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love this product. It goes on so easily. I prep my skin with an oil primer and once that soaks I’m I put a few drops in my palm, rub my hands together and apply all over. It blends easily but if you use too much it will take a bit longer to blend. It dries down beautifully and makes my skin look so pretty. I look natural but better. I cannot recommend this enough. I’m 46 yrs old with normal to dry skin.

on 9/23/2018 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I was excited to this product, as it was carried by sites I love, like Beautyhabit and Goop. I bought mine at Revolve in shade 4. It was too light for my NC40 skin; and I’m afraid that’s the good news.

I have dry, clear skin which is moderately reactive. I’m 51, and prefer a natural, no makeup look for my foundation.

The product is liquid, and comes in a good soft plastic bottle that hygenically allows you to drop out product. It runs $42.00 for a good-sized bottle. It reminds me quite a bit of Armani Maestro (but not nearly as good.)

I tried two application types: a brush and with fingers. There was no difference with either method. I applied to a cleansed, moisturized Face. Truly, this is the first time I’ve ever had to wash my face and start all over. The product smears and slides all around, and remains sitting on top of the skin. It grabbed dry skin I wasn’t even aware of, and then proceeded to sit around in patches that pilled if I tried to blend them. It also made horrible little pools in pores. I will be very curious to see in future reviews who this works for, if anyone. There was nothing I could do (primers/no primers/brush/oil base) to make it look even passable.