BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Gold Lava

BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Gold Lava

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I so love the Becca Highlighters... my faves are Opal, Moonstone and Rose Gold I wanted to try the Becca Volcano Goddess HIghlighter, it is a limited edition to I splurged on this one as well. Stunning gold and steel packaging (that will not melt, get dirty and break like the typical deep brown rubber shells that Becca has... i see they are revamping the packagings of the compacts and I am happy with that!!).
First of all, I recommend you go very light-handed and with a soft stippling brush.
it is densely pigmented and VERY yellow.
I'm yellow as undertone ... but this was very very yellow. And it is evident, I mean you see it... it's not so subtle like Moonstone, so to say. So beware!
I am sure I will love this on my tanned skin in summer. In th same manner, it will look lovely on tanned or olive complexions.
it has a lovely pink shimmer and very small little flecks of gold in it.
All in all, this is a quality highlighter and a great shade.

I have many of the Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighters- probably every color that they've ever released.  When I see new shades come out I have to pick them up right away.  I've got many of the new Becca Volcano Goddess products- the eye shadow palette was kind of disappointing but I am never disappointed with the Skin Perfector Highlighters.  My first tip with the Gold Lava is to use a very, very light hand and a very lightly packed brush.  A little of this goes a long way.  The first time I applied this I used a too densely packed brush and once you've applied too much it is nearly impossible to sheer it out.  This pretty much melts into skin instantly.  I didn't find that this shade was very flattering with my skin tone, but I could see how if you were a deeper skin tone, or even tan, that this would look very beautiful and be a great shade.  This does have very small little flecks of gold in it, which was okay, but like I said, just not a shade that complimented my complexion. My video review and swatches can be seen here: