Clé de Peau Beauté Dragon Red #7

1 review

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

Dragon Red, on my moderately pigmented lips, comes out as a very pleasant red with a warm coral (but no a brown or orange undertone at all). It applies easily with either a finger or brush. It has no discernible shimmer, and has a semi-mat but not dry finish. This lasts pretty darn well, through a Mediterranean meal that has lots of olive oil, there is still a stain left afterwards.
I tone it down a bit with #4 Lotus Flower, which is a fleshy pink, and the combo looks natural but enhances medium olive coloring subtly.
The combo could be worn year round.
I got a sample, so I can't comment about the packaging, but I know it is extremely $$$.
Is it worth it? Time will tell, and also when the winter arrives, it will be interesting to see how it treats lips. So far, it is neither drying or moisturizing - OK for humid summer and fall weather.

For your amusement, here is the breathless prose from the company: " 7 Dragon Red. The fiery red of a mythical dragon adorns an evening lip. And a couture dress". Well if that's the case, if I can have a couture dress to go with it, I'll buy 2 of the lipsticks!