NARS Artist Palette - Lust for Life

NARS Artist Palette - Lust for Life

4.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this primarily because of the blush colours (Amour and Mata Hari) and the lip colours (Dolce Vita, Pigalle, Fire Down Below). I thought that the eye shades (Tokyo duo and New York) would be too cool for my colouring. Well, turns out that I use EVERTHING, possibly with the exception of Fire Down Below which is a bit too dark for my colouring. The Tokyo duo is really classy and perfect for work. The blush shades works well on their own as well as together. Mata Hari looks really bright pink in the package but is wonderful on.

on 6/2/2008 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was so so excited when i recieved this palette, and of course i had high expectations. Unfortunately these were not met... the palette is OK, but that's it really, just OK. I can tell the quality of the products is outstanding, the eyeshadows feel gorgeous, but the colours just don't excite me. I found i really had to build the colour up to get any effect at all - i understand they are subtle, but way too subtle for my taste. However, i would say both blushes are nice. The lip colour is fine, but nothing spectacular. I don't think it is worth the price. I really wanted to like it... sorry!

only nars palette i have. got it a loooooong time ago when it first came out. the colors are characterized as 'cool', but i think they are more neutral.

now, many years later, i notice a bad smell and realize it's the lipsticks, they just got old. so i scraped them out, cleaned the pans with alcohol, melted some other colors with a little lip glass or l'oreal juicy tubes, for moisture, melted them over a candle in a teaspoon and poured them in. cleaned up the inside of the palette and goood as new.

i wear the colors like this: pale creamy silver on lids (i have deepset eyes), lavendar in creases, blended up. lavendar on brows just to highlight blond hairs, mix lavendar and new york for liner (new york by itself is too red, i think. put a small finger-dot of new york right under brow, centered over iris (blue/green eyes) and pat around. reddich tones really emphasize green.

then i brush skunk brush (lancome, the best!) over the two blushes, tap, and apply very lightly in big light circles...then lipstick as above.

so all you need is the palette, skunk brush, liner brush, one small shadow brush. i apply regular shadow with little finger and same with lip color...

maybe too long a post, but i think people may have forgotten how great this palette is.

carole/wannadance
'

I find this to be the most versatile palette of the lot. The Tokyo duo, a lovely understated polished lavender grey, goes beautifully with New York, a gorgeous matte red-brown or other liners. The blushes, Mata Hari and Amour are great on their own but mix well too. I like Mata Hari lightly on the apples of my cheeks and Amour on the cheekbone. Dolce Vita, the most plain shade, is a great mixing medium for the others. Pigalle is a lovely dusty rose, and ahh - Fire Down Below is an absolutely amazing red! The price is good for the quality and selection you get. Recommended!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Previous reviews have detailed and explained the colours better than I can, so my review is:
Dolce Vita is my perfect MLBB colour;
Fire Down Below is my HG red, absolutely beautiful;
Mata Hari is the best powder blush I have ever tried;
Nars eyeshadows are like silk.

I won't repurchase the palette but I will definitely repurchase Dolce Vita and Fire Down Below. This is a great and economical way to try a variety of Nars products, especially as I found it below retail online. Yippee! :)

i swapped for this, and i am so glad i did. i won't buy nars palettes for myself, they're oo expensive, but this one is so, so lovely. dolce vita looks amazing on everyone. pigalle coordinates really well with the rest of the palette, and fire down below is great for when you want to rock deeper lips and draw attention to your mouth. the blushes are lighter than i usually wear, but they give a really polished neutral look. the eyeshadows look great together, with the darker one as liner, the middle one on the lid, and the lightest one on the browbone. i love how EVERY shade in this palette is wearable.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't use the lipsticks bc they're a little too dark and matte for me. I prefer glosses and shimmery color. They are nice in a pinch though! When I want to look sophisticated, I know what to use! Anyways, Mata Hari is my fave blush in this palette for matte babydoll cheeks but I don't use Amour all that much anymore. The shadows are great...they look really boring but they become so rich and smooth looking on my lids. My eyes are so much more defined and pop when I use the shadows! The Tokyo duo is one I use most.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

First let me say that I own all of NARS palettes except the very most recent and Lust for Life is my absolute fave! It goes with me always when I travel. I look good in all the colors GGG/hazel eyes and none are garrish.This is the perfect companion for the business woman on the go. Take this and a little foundation and brushes and you have everything you need.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Normally I shy away from anything in these e/s and lip shades, but as Nars has been reforming my opinions on color I purchased the lust for life palette. Tokyo 1 & 2 silver and lavender shimmers and New York are the 3 shades you get for e/s. I use Tokyo 1 on the brow bone, Tokyo 2 in the crease and New York on the lid (plum brown) and as liner with the push e/l brush. LFL palette blushes: Amour and Mata Hari (nice blended together), lips Pigalle, Fire down Below, Dolce Vita (double pan). Really nice when used all together. Dolce Vita is a wonderful color that lives up to it's name. If you like the skin deep palette but want more color and less neutral, this is your answer. Would buy again, but will last a long time so won't have to^^

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Lust For Life is a beautiful palette. The eyeshadows are Tokyo 1 (pale white lavender), Tokyo 2 (lavender) and New York (deep purple), and I use Tokyo 2 the most because it is such a pretty medium-lavender color that I can just apply in one light sweep across my entire eyelid. The blushes are Amour (soft pinky-peach color) and Mata Hari (pretty baby-doll pink color). Both blushes are very wearable and sheer, and I use them both pretty much equally. They are both lovely colors! And the lipsticks are Pigalle (rose color), Fire Down Below (beautifully wearable deep red) and Dolce Vita (a wonderful Your-Lips-But-Better color!). I use Dolce Vita most often because it is such a beautiful, casual, everyday color. Overall, the Lust For Life palette offers a pretty good combination of colors, and all the colors are very wearable. Mata Hari and Amour, along with Dolce Vita make this palette worth the price! Lovely! Would absolutely purchase again!