Dior Refreshing Cleansing Water

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Dior Refreshing Cleansing Water

on 9/9/2011 11:52:00 AM

I use this at night with cotton pads to clear up after I've removed my make up with cleansing wipes. I am in love with the smell, feels very luxurious to use.

Price makes it a considered purchase but I would definitely purchase it again, such a joy to use

Ok, just to be clear I am reviewing the Dior product "Eau Magique Demaquillant" Cleansing water for face and Eyes. This is a toner/cleanser type product that says it takes off make up and tones the skin. I think it does that. It does remove makeup and even eyemake up, however, for my eyes, the amount of rubbing necessary to remove all my mascara and eye makeup was too much. At first I was really excited that it did, in fact take off both my eyeliner and mascara, but was less excited when i realized there was some irritation around my eyes. However, this is common with my skin, and I think it is more due to the actual manaul rubbing of the cotton pad as opposed to the chemicals in the product. So now I use this product in the morning simply to freshen and cleanse my face in the morning (since i'm terrble about washing my face in the am) and its working great so far! Since using the product in this manner I have had no irritation, i can even use it and skip the moisturizer!
So all in all, for my face, the method of makeup removal doesn't work, but I think if you had less sensitive skin than i do it would be great. For me it works great as a freshener, and I think my skin looks great using it. Also, there is fragrance here, but it doesn't bother me, it is floral and soft.