Cover FX Power Play Concealer

Cover FX Power Play Concealer
Power Play Concealer

on 10/9/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an incredible concealer and deserves a lot more attention than it's getting on the internet. It's a thin, easy-to-work with formula with intense pigmentation. It dries into a demi-matte finish and won't budge throughout the day, making it a GREAT concealer under the eyes. I've compared it to the IT Cosmetics undereye concealer and the ABH concealer and still prefer the Cover fx one for covering my dark circles. The shade range is much better than the IT and ABH concealers and the formula doesn't crease throughout the day under my eyes.

I do hate the applicator though. The round doe-foot is HUGE (almost the size of the lip of the tube) and you can really only dot the concealer on your face. I like mixing the white shade into my regular shade and the round foot applicator makes it really hard to mix the same amount of product every time.

Pros
- beautiful finish (not too matte, not too dewy)
- wears well throughout the day
- medium/full coverage but can easily be sheered out/spread out
- blends well

Cons
- expensive
- I will probably go through my bottle quickly

This is a really nice concealer. I have some noticeable hormonal acne on my chin/jawline and I've been looking for a product to help cover my spots. I also have some redness on my cheeks and near my nose. I love that I can use this with a heavier hand to cover my acne, but also sweep a small amount on my cheeks to cover my redness. The finish is beautiful and looks fresh all day. The skin on my chin is often flaky and dry from acne medication but this doesn't cling to dry spots too badly. My one complaint though is the price. It's a small bottle for $30. I use 3 dots on my chin and a small dot on each cheek and I can see myself going through the bottle pretty quickly. But for now I'm willing to pay for it. It just looks so beautiful on the skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I think I've finally found a replacement for my beloved Cargo Blu Ray concealer. I tried the original CoverFX concealer years ago, when it first launched, and it was no good at all (not sure if they've improved it over the years but I wasn't willing to try). But this new one - it really knocks it out of the park. Colour range is huge and rather daunting but I was matched to N Light 1 (I wanted to avoid the P range as I often bring concealer down a bit to cover redness I have high up on one cheek). The colour is perfect and the product itself - wow! Excellent coverage but what really sets this apart is the wear.....it looks smooth and natural and doesn't crease or settle into lines or go dry and scaly looking as the day wears on. Of late, I've been relying on my old stand-by of IT's original BBU concealer but I've put it aside for this new winner. Packaging isn't bad - a square "tube" with a stubby doe-foot applicator (I apply a dab and then blend with a concealer brush or sponge). For someone like me, who depends on concealer but who's been let down by NARS Radiant Creamy (I call it Dry Crummy), Hourglass, Tatcha and more, I am so happy to have found this gem.