BECCA Volcano Goddess Eye Shadow Palette

BECCA Volcano Goddess Eye Shadow Palette
Volcano Goddess Eye Shadow Palette

3.3

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

First and foremost, I love Becca and Becca powders are among the best on the market. And this copmact was so stunning I had to get it.
I admit I have been standing in awe looking at the pans for a good month before actually using the shadows! they are so beautiful.. especially the metallic shades are stunning. It looks like art.
The matte shades are fine and very classical you can use every day for a number of looks, so are the shimmers: a lovely satin/shimmer in earthy, neutral tones. Pigmented, they apply like butter and I love them- pure Becca style. Stay put for a solid 8 hours with a primer.
The metallic shades apply like metallic foil... extremely pigmented and eye catching! as other reviewers said, there is a lot of fall out with these and glitter spreads all over your face. They are not easy to manage nor to apply... you need time to apply and time to clean up the mess. Not good if you're in a hurry!
I recommend you wear these shades only in the evening becasue for a normal day they can be a bit overboard.
This eye shadow palette is a good one, however the metallics that are so stunning in the pan are not consostent - quality wuas and appliaction wise - with the rest of the shades.
All in all it is a very good palette, with stunning earthy/neutrals; however if you are not a fan of foil/very bold metallics you may want to invest elsewhere....

on 10/28/2018 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Wow. This one was a bust. I am generally drawn to Becca products because they look natural but better. Radiant, healthy, low effort but pretty. Some shadows in this palette are great. The shimmers and mattes are so smooth and blend like a dream.

Then you look at the "pops of color." There is a cobalt blue, an icy white that reminds me of KVD's Thunderstruck (only in the pan), a Gold (MAC Goldmine-ish) and a deeper bronzey gold (MAC Amber Lights). They are beautiful! And that Becca formula? Oh boy... UNTIL you use them. Hardcore chunky, flakey glitter. SO MUCH GLITTER! Now, you could probably get these to work with a glitter glue. I do not use Becca products to appear glittery or to need to go to the effort of applying a glitter glue. It even seems out of place for their branding? So rare an occasion in my real life that I would every require so much glitter at 33 years old.

I am going to try to make the parts of this palette that I do like work. But ngl, I am super disappointed. The glitter is hard to wash completely off. All the "good shades" are ones that if you are a lover of neutrals you will have in your collection many times over.

I will add though, the packaging is gorgeous. I wish Becca would make a few more larger palettes this size. The mirror is great. Retail price isn't crazy considering their (superior quality) 5 pan eye palettes are $40 already.

I always love new Becca products, especially makeup products, so I knew I definitely had to pick up the new Volcano Goddess Palette.  I would definitely call the Volcano Goddess palette an evening eye shadow palette because the colors are all very dark, with the exception of one color which I love using for my brow bone area.  Where I was let down with this was in two of the three finishes.  Three shades are matte- these matte shades are okay, but very powdery, but I can deal with that.  Three shades are shimmery- these are okay, I can also deal with that.  The bummer of the Becca Volcano Goddess Eye Shadow Palette is the three shades that caught my attention, the "molten metallic" shades, including the amazing blue metallic shade, are so-so but easy to apply.  You must apply them with a finger tip and they are just kind of chunky and glittery.  I can make use of the rest of the shades and the other six are pretty pigmented, but I was just a little bummed that the molten metallic shades weren't all I was hoping for.  Overall if you think you will make use of the matte and shimmer shades this only might be worth picking up because it is VERY expensive for only six completely and easily usable shades.  My video review and swatches can be seen here: