4.2

price range

Reviews

from

8 months ago

I rushed to get Dolce Vita after hearing about the remane to Bella Sofia - which sounds fairly italian and could be a reference to Sophia Lauren really. I just wanted the exact one I've been hearing about for so long, ridiculous I know.! Anyway, this is a really pretty palette which screams smokey eye. I appreciate the fact that the lightest color isn't stark white but rather a very light warm nudey color. The satin reddish brown is extremely beautiful and the copper glittery topper makes your lids glisten for nighttime. I think about Byzantium when applying it, looks rather sumptuous. The smoke shade is not as pigmented as I'd expect from a smoke shade but I suppose this is part of Charlotte's look and makes the quads so user friendly. Sometimes I feel kind of confused with big palettes and appreciate how straightforward quads are meant to be. I have to point out that I tried Charlotte's technique on shade placement and made my eyes look rounder than I'd like with a rather strange wing. My prefered method is using the red brown on the lid, the darker brown on the outer corner and lower lashline, the lightest on the inner corner and under the browbone and the glitter mainly on the center of the lid. Some MAC Teddy on the waterline and black gel liner/mascara to finish off. Beautiful! The packaging is exceptionally beautiful the lightweight plastic it's made of doesn't do any favors but at least it's easier to carry and there's no space spent on useless applicators. Quite pricey for 5.2gr of product though. The textures aren't the creamiest or richest I've found by any stretch of imagination but it is just too pretty to pass. I believe this could have been made for green eyes, have gotten more compliments wearing this than any of my other eye looks. It's an one trick pony for me though. Looks sexy but would stragle to wear it anywhere else except for a date. Not a workhorse for me but when the time is right I really enjoy Dolce Vita (here comes the pun!)

About reviewer (950 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

The colors are very unique , pigmented and really high end . I have had it for a while and really enjoy the variety and again the quality , they stay all day long. Pricey but worth it .

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBlond

a year ago

This palette is wonderful. Colors are amazing for all eye colors, pigment is true to the pan, longevity will not disappoint you. Charĺotte's technique is genius. Do buy it and you will not regret.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

2.0

a year ago

I love the overall look of the charlotte tilbury line; the packaging is just so sophisticated and chic, but these eyeshadows are just overpriced and prettier than they actually perform. I think if you had a sticky primer and lighter skin, these would work. I have medium toned skin, and the mattes just barely show up after layering and the shimmer shades are just loose glitter that gets all over my underyes when I try to layer them. Buy an abh palette instead of this; you’ll get more high quality shadows for a lower price.

About reviewer (168 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBlack

a year ago

I had no idea just how much I would like this quad, until I gave it a try. My goodness, I can see why it graced faces of models and celebrities. Normally, luxury eyeshadow quads can be ridiculously overpriced and poor in terms of pigmentation/blendability. This, however, is Charlotte's bestselling palette for a reason. I can't think of anyone, who would not rock these colours. They are perfect! You have three satin shades and one pressed glitter; none of them have fall-out plus! They last all day long, without losing their pigment. I do not agree with the price, but hey! If you want to treat yourself, you won't be disappointed. I also like how Charlotte has tutorials on every single palette on YouTube. Her application technique is very different to mine, but I tried following her steps and am so happy that I did! She is a genius. For those of you who are curious to know more about her bestsellers including this palette, I have unedited swatches, application tips and makeup look in a separate review here (https://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/09/16/Full-Face-Of-Charlotte-Tilbury-Bestsellers). I hope it helps!

About reviewer (553 reviews)

Age25-29