Maybelline New York Color Sensational Shine Compulsion Lipstick

3.8

on 12/20/2018 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love these lipsticks. they remind me of the discontinued revlon lip butters. These are a nice , well pigmented shiny balms. they do not stay on but they do add a nice punch of color. I prefer creamy lipsticks and balms over anything matte because those always feel so dry. I have spicy mauve and it is a nice reddish pink /brown tint on me, darker than my lips but not too far off in color. Love it! i hope they will end up adding some shades to this line.

on 12/20/2018 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just love these...I have four colors..spicy mauve, secret blush, steamy orchid and pink fetish. These are a cross between a lip gloss and lipstick and I think they are just beautiful..very moisturizing and creamy...the lasting power is what you would expect from a gloss but it actually stayed on pretty good. I am so tired of the matte lip look at this point and I really felt they were drying out my lips, and these are perfect remedy..I hope Maybelline expands the color line too. Also the packaging is really pretty, a shiny rose gold case. Feels more high end than it is :)

on 11/30/2018 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I have this in Taupe Seduction. It looks mauve in the tube but it is a light brownish pinky purple color on my lips. It is a slanted bullet if you like that sort of thing, which I don't. It is extremely greasy and like the reviewer below, felt like I ate greasy fried chicken and forgot to wipe my mouth. It also doesn't last long on my lips alone by itself. As a topper and a mixer for a matte lippie like Lust for Blush in which it always turned barbie pink on me, this is a great color for it and it lasted longer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried this out in the colour spicy mauve, as the light nude shade looked too light. I liked the colour, but it's more of a terracotta-red-pink-brown than mauve. The shades are decent, but not a huge spectrum from light to dark as there are only 7 or 8 shades.

What I didn't like about this was the way it felt on my lips the whole time I wore it. It was very shiny but also so so oily feeling. It felt like I had just eaten the greasiest fried chicken and had gotten grease on my lips, and I was very conscious of the feeling the whole day I wore it. It feels like it's about to slide off your lips onto your chin or wherever and I had to be very careful talking and whatnot. Just not a comfortable lip to wear.

This may be because I had a darker colour (which I have since passed on), and you may not have to be as careful with a lighter colour but it just wasn't worth the discomfort for me. I will be passing on the rest of the line.

on 9/16/2018 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I didn't choose "Lipstick" or "Lipgloss," just "Lips" 'cause this product, the newest addition to the Maybelline lippie family, is somewhere inbetween. This is distinctly different from a previous entry into this category, the discontinued Color Whisper. Those were softly colored, creamy but not dense, and not too shiny. The Shine Compulsion ARE shiny...AND pigmented.

As with most non-matte, non-liquid lip products, these aren't terribly long-lasting, and they do transfer. However, they reapply nicely, and don't require a brush or liner as a denser product does. I have two shades (so far), Spicy Mauve--a very nice basic everyday color, a rosy mauve; and Pink Fetish, a bright rose. I'm about NW15 (fair, neutral leaning cool) and these are both quite flattering on me. I haven't tried any of the berry/plum or red shades since I have a lot of those already.

There's a bit of scent and some taste to these, but it's subtle and not overpowering. You can even blot a bit and it'll leave a pretty stain without the shine/gloss. My only complaint is they need to release MORE COLORS!