Lanolips 101 Ointment Multipurpose Superbalm

Lanolips 101 Ointment Multipurpose Superbalm

on 2/8/2019 5:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is for the lip balm not the original 101. I have the coconutter and the peach versions and I absolutely love both. They’re gorgeous for locking moisture on my lips and can also be used anywhere on the body to heal dry patches. Highly recommended for lips and dry skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I’ve never used pure lanolin before, I didn’t know such a product existed until I got a tube of the strawberry 101 ointment fruities and looked up Lano online. This is an excellent all purpose product that can be used on every square inch of the body, even in your hair if it needs a bit of taming. Because of this I like carrying a tube in my purse because it’s small and doesn’t take up much room. I use it primarily on my lips and hands and find it to be quite soothing and very moisturizing,
The only possible thing I could complain about is the tube needs to be a little warm or else the ointment is impossible to squeeze out. It also takes a bit of massaging to work it into the skin, but it keeps things well moisturized for a longer time than traditional lotions. I already have a backup in my stash.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Trying to squeeze this stuff from the tube put me in mind of BITE Beauty's Agave Lip Mask....a near impossibility. I ended up dipping a bodkin into the tube to get product because I was afraid the tube was going to burst, I was squeezing that hard! I've since learned that warming/massaging the tube helps soften the product and I transfer a bit of it to a sample jar to make it easier to use. I've tried the Lanolips lemony lip balm but I much prefer this Superbalm as it is much smoother (I found the balm sort of gritty feeling, much like Nuxe lip balm). Superbalm is really soothing and moisturizing on my lips and on a dry, cracked patch on one of my elbows, and is amazing as a cuticle cream/softener. I've tried quite a few cuticle creams but I think this is the best of them all and at just over $20 CDN, the price is not too bad as the tube will last a long time.