Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Liquid Concealer

Filtered by age: 44-55
Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Liquid Concealer

1 review

on 9/13/2018 3:17:00 AM

I have been testing this new concealer out for about a week and am loving it. I have it in the colour Fair 3 and use it to cover my dark under-eye circles and the pigmentation blotches I fabulously also have in that area. I may get a couple of the darker shades for when the weather warms up as it is pretty light in tone for me. It goes on feeling a little odd and slippy with the rather weird-looking applicator but after settling down, it feels really weightless and looks very even. The feel of it is unusual and quite hard to describe. I've discovered the sort of "onion-dome" tipped sponge applicator is pretty good for reaching the inner lower eye corner and sides of the nose. It needs lightly pressing into the skin to spread the formula evenly over dark patches, I gently use my ring finger, but I'm guessing a makeup sponge or beauty blender would do the trick too. The product blends out very evenly over both foundation and on another day, no foundation in my under-eye area and kind of sinks into the skin in a good way, and makes all shadows and marks disappear. This is a full coverage, high pigmentation formula. Then it just stays put... with no bunching up, pilling, exaggeration of lines or pores, or wearing off, all day. The longest I've had it on was 13 hours and it still looked good after all that time. I much prefer it now to my usual NARS creamy concealer which wears off and has to be reapplied in the middle of the day so this is a huge thumbs up. I'm amazed at how good it is. There seems to be a fairly OK range of shades- 16 so far, and hopefully, this will expand. Downsides- many will find this is a pricey item at GBP32 for a rather stingy 4ml, and some people may not like the idea of the spongy applicator, which because it is attached to the bottle- cannot be cleaned, I think the sponge also soaks up a lot of the product which given the price, is a bummer. My take is- it makes me look SO much younger and less tired and I reckon that's worth its weight in gold.