Evyan Most Precious

No Image

1 review

Most Precious came in aqua-blue packaging and was Evyan’s #2 seller after White Shoulders. It was discontinued in the ‘80s, and I’ve always wondered why. I couldn’t resist buying a bottle of the cologne after lemming it for several years, since I love vintage White Shoulders (on occasion) for its floral lushness. WOW! Most Precious is *gorgeous*— and to my nose, much fresher and less old-fashioned than White Shoulders.

What immediately came to mind when I sniffed this was “dewy clover.” It smells like a field of clover after the rain: crisp, innocent, a little nectar-sweet and a little spicy. There’s a green note (the tarragon) keeping the composition fresh. I smell white jasmine in the drydown but not the funky poopy kind of jasmine. This is like jasmine tea or jasmine soap. So, so pretty and much easier to wear than White Shoulders (which I do love, but it is a wallop of fleshy tropical flowers). This is utterly fantastic stuff: clean, joyful, unique, and very friendly to the nose. The Evyan quality is there, so don’t worry about buying an “old” perfume; this one has held up perfectly provided it’s stored well. (I picked up a sealed new box of the cologne spray).

I think I like this better than White Shoulders!

Popular Fragrances