Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte's Genius Magic Powder

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte's Genius Magic Powder

Mica, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Squalane, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Lauroyl Lysine, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Magnesium Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Aluminum Hydroxide, Limonene, [May Contain/Peut Contenir ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)].

on 9/14/2018 2:36:00 PM

Excellent setting powder and excellent quality as usual from Charlotte Tilbury. Yes, this smells horrible, however it quickly dissipates. I use this in setting the new Charlotte Tilbury concealer and it works so well .... there is no powdery cakey look and it just goes on smooth and flawless as well as this does not settle into fine lines/pores. I find that this powder is long lasting and truly a light dusting is all that is needed to make my face look polished. I have always hated setting powders but the Genius Magic Powder has changed my mind as this is of the highest quality and truly amazing. (for reference in the past I have liked La Mer's powder as well as the one from Houglass, but the Genius Magic Powder is my favorite.)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am in love with this powder. It is a loose powder that is somehow simultaneously dewy and mattifying! It also blurs very, very well for a powder. Like if you put a primer on after your foundation! I've been using this on top of liquid foundation and concealers without any issues, as well as using it as a finishing powder on top of my MAC Studio Fix foundation powder to add healthy glow. When I say "glow" I do NOT mean anything resembling a highlighter; this is far more subtle and makes skin look healthy, radiant, and smooth.

It's finely milled enough for under the eye but I tend to prefer the CT powder in the compact for this area because my skin is dry there and this powder is much more mattifying than the compact. However, those with oilier skins can bake away because it sets this area very well.

I like that the container has a slider so you can cover the powder holes and prevent spillage/too much product coming out at once, so it's travel friendly. You also get a good amount of product so I see this lasting me for a good while.

For reference I'm a yellow NC20 and I got the shade Fair/Medium 2. It doesn't lean too warm or cool or look chalky/ashy on me and I haven't experienced any oxidation issues after several days of wearing for 12+ hours.

The only thing I will mention as a potential negative is that this powder has a slight scent that reminds me of crayons. As in, when you open a fresh box of them and there's a kind of waxy smell. Wayne Goss also mentioned this in his review as being an "earthy" scent. I don't see any wax in the ingredients list (which is actually quite good for a powder as it contains skincare as well) so not sure what it could be, but for those who are very scent averse you may want to try this in a store first to see if it's a deal breaker. I have a bloodhound nose and don't find it to be an issue as it disspates immediately upon application.

CT products are generally expensive, but I think this powder is worth it. I Iove this powder and the CT brand!