3.8

price range

Reviews

1.0

4 months ago

These are silicone filled, unlike their regular or vitamin c counterparts. As a regular tretinoin user, these are too weak. I find that using a silicone based product as the first layer dries my skin out too much and I don't like the rubbery feel. After half a jar, I gave them to my mum. I recommend that you try at least 5 or so before buying. I'm onto the vitamin c ones, which I like much better, they have the usual feel of the ceremide capsules.

About reviewer (689 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

from

a year ago

I have been using EA capsules in one form or another for a long time and notice the difference in my skin when I run out of them. I use these capsules most nights and while prescription retinA is completely irritating I can use retinol without a problem. I have no idea what the concentration of the retinol is in this product but my skin likes it and so I will continue to use it. I also use the EA ceramide capsules sometimes because they are very soothing when my skin is extra dry but have a much oilier consistency. Subscribe to the EA emails and wait to buy these when you have a coupon. Usually I can get them for 20% off. Another reviewer said she got three uses out of a capsule. I use a whole capsule for my face, neck and décolleté, but you can decide what works for you. I know EA has the reputation for being a mature woman's brand but they make very nice products and I am a loyal customer. Hope this helps.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

a year ago

The new Elizabeth Arden Retinol Ceramide Capsules Line Erasing Night Serum was a product I was very excited to purchase. I really like the packaging of the ingredients since you can travel lightly with as many capsules as you need. Also the packaging protects the ingredients from exposure to light and air. That is also why I wonder that they chose to include a controversial preservative, BHT, which is only recommended to be used in small amounts, although it is high on the ingredient list. The Retinol Ceramide Capsules release a very pleasing serum which absorbs quick and leaves skin with a beautiful silky matte finish. I do wonder what the percentage of Retinol is since it is low on the ingredient list. The first time I used this it broke me out, but I haven't had any issues after the initial breakout. If you have acne prone skin I would recommend checking the full ingredient list out before purchasing it. I love that this is fragrance free and doesn't contain denatured alcohol. Not sure if in the long run this would replace my Paula's Choice 1% Retinol Treatment, but in the future when I travel I would definitely bring this with. If you are interested my video review can be seen here: <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/mXOyxWtBHVM"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/mXOyxWtBHVM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (702 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBrown

from

a year ago

This is one of the very first Retinol containing treatments that a luxury cosmetic company launches in the last twenty years. (Professional brands like Skinceuticals and La Roche-Posay have had Retinol containing product in their ranges for years.) This most effective non-prescription active is again back in the warmth and found a way again into cosmetic products. It is an extremely potent form of vitamin A that is converted to fully available vitamin A in the skin. It regulates cell proliferation, cell growth and has some milder side-effects. It has outstanding ability to treat sun induced skin damage, lines and wrinkles, acne and hyper-pigmentation with documented effect. It is an expensive active and it is great news that cosmetic companies have turned to it again after so many years being left out in the dark. The product E. Arden chose to incorporate Retinol is a silicone-oil based fluid that is thickened by silicone crosspolymer. It contains ceramides (natural components of the lipid barrier) that will counteract irritation caused by retinol. It also contains some peptides that might be beneficial for lines and wrinkles and support the activity of Retinol in this area. The product is encapsulated in capsules that will keep the Retinol fresh. It is fragrance free and colourant free too. Contains no water and the formula will ensure that it will stay on the skin's surface rather than be immediately delivered to the Epiermis. Hence, delivery of the active is slower (and longer) thus minimizing irritation and will have a longer lasting effect. I find the product elegant, easy to spread even in a very small amount. Since it is a mixture of silicone oils and silicone crosspolymers, it will leave an elegant finish that is non-drying, non-oily and absorbed immediately. I've found that one capsule is enough for three applications. I would also recommend to use the product sparingly especially in the first months while the skin gets accustomed to the irritation potential of retinol. It should only be used at night accompanied by an SPF 15 (or higher) during daytime. Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, BHT, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ceramide NP, Ceramide NS, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Laurylmethacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Lecithin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Phytosphingosine, Phytosterols, Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Retinol, Sorbitan Laurate, Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane,Phenoxyethanol

About reviewer (284 reviews)

Age44-55