CLARINS Skin Illusion Natural Hydrating Foundation SPF 15

Skin Illusion Natural Hydrating Foundation SPF 15

4.3

on 11/4/2018 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I must say I like this foundation a lot...it goes on light, yet covers enough, it has a satiny natural finish...my skin is normal to dry, and I must say it feels good on my skin...now, it feels like it isn't longlasting, when I check my face later in the day, it is like I have nothing on.
Now , not too pleased with alcohol being the fifth ingredient, so far my skin doesn't react to it, but it puzzles me.....also this isn't longlasting..my color is beige 7, perfect neutral shade,my skin is light to medium, it looked a bit peachy at first but it stays pretty much neutral..now, a pump would have been nice, I hate those droppers...
So overall, it is a nice product, I think for dry skins, mature skins, or anybody who wants a light finish, this would do..now, not sure about the long side effects of alcohol in it, i don't love it,I much prefer a foundation without alcohol, so I will not repurchase. but i wear it regularly.

on 9/29/2018 7:39:00 PM

I've been wearing MAC Prolongwear foundation since it was introduced but now that I'm 50 my skin is getting dry around my chin and the longwear is drying. I wanted a hydrating foundation for winter and found this gem. Coverage is light but you can build to a medium without looking cakey. The finish is just smooth healthy looking skin.
I do get a shiny forehead after a couple hours so powder is necessary.
I'm a NW20 and Porcelain is a perfect match.

on 9/5/2018 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been waiting so long for this foundatin to come out and finally I have it. I love Clarins Skin Illusion Mineral Powder Foundation for the coverage and natural look and I hoped that this new one of the Skin Illusion line woud have a similar effect - and it does.

It has a buildable light to medium coverage, more than I expected, actually, and if I need to cover some spots I just use a conceler. The dropper is not the most handy thing but once you put some dots on your face It is also very easy to spread as it is fluid but not too liquid: I don't have to work a lot to make it look good either with my fingers or with a flat top brush. I only powder slightly my T-zone and it is good to go.
It looks natural and radiant, it doesn't highlight the texture my mature skin and doesn't settle in my pores.

It is moisturizing but not overly so, so very dry skins will need a good moisturizer before. I apply it over a serum without moisturizer and it is enough.
What surprised me the most is that it is quite long lasting for a foundation of this kind. Two of my favourite natural looking foundations are Urban Decay Naked foundationa and Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude and, although they look good when applied, they wear off in the afternoon.
This one, on the other hand, stays well put during the day. My nose starts to shine after 3 hours, like with every other foundation including the longwear ones, but when I blot it doesn't come off.
I don't know how it will perform in hot humid weather and I guess that it won't be that good considering my combination skin, but this is the perfect care-free kind of foundation for the mild or cold season, when I need a medium SPF, some moisture and some longevity, but still want too looking natural, like no wearing any makeup.

Another nice surprise is the range of shades, finally available in every country, from very fair and yellow toned to very dark. I could wear several of them, 103, 105 in winter and 107 and 109 in summer.

A word of caution for sensitive skins as this has the typical Clarins scent, not too strong but if you are sentitive to it, try it first on. And it contains alcohol. Normally my skin doesn't like alcohol but I didn't have any problems with this one. There are many different kind of alcohols for cosmetic use and they are not all bad for sensitive or dry skin, some are also used as moisturizers, so again, try it on before making a decision.
Clarins is offering generous samples for one week usage, so it will be good to take advantage of it and wear it for few days before buying it in case you have sensitive skin.

In summary, this is a great foundation for those with mature or normal or combination skins that want to even out their complexion or add some colour without looking masky or made up.

AQUA/WATER/EAU. METHYL TRIMETHICONE. DIMETHICONE. ALCOHOL. ISODODECANE. BUTYLENE GLYCOL. TITANIUM DIOXIDE [NANO]. PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE. HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER. GLYCERIN. DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER. POLYGLYCERYL-3 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE. SODIUM CHLORIDE. SQUALANE. ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE. STEARIC ACID. PARFUM/FRAGRANCE. SILYBUM MARIANUM SEED OIL. DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE. PROPYLENE CARBONATE. ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN. TOCOPHERYL ACETATE. TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE. DISODIUM EDTA. HYDROXYETHYL UREA. SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE. DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL. KALANCHOE PINNATA LEAF EXTRACT. PHENOXYETHANOL. ALGIN. SODIUM CITRATE. CITRIC ACID. ACACIA SENEGAL GUM. JANIA RUBENS EXTRACT. FURCELLARIA LUMBRICALIS EXTRACT. SODIUM BENZOATE. POTASSIUM SORBATE. CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT. TOCOPHEROL. LAPSANA COMMUNIS FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT. MARIS SAL/SEA SALT/SEL MARIN

+/- MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: MICA. SILICA. CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE. CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/IRON OXIDES [M3012A1]