Dior Joy By Dior (2018)

Dior Joy By Dior (2018)

2.3

on 11/28/2018 2:03:00 AM

This scent is generic; there's nothing interesting about it at all. It basically disappeared from my wrist in less than two hours. Even when I first sprayed it, it did not come close to evoking "joy." Sad to see they've ruined a great perfume name.

on 11/8/2018 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Started off so lovely - chic, light, bright, but feminine, but then settled into a sickly sweet scent, all the more subtle warmth gone.

on 10/8/2018 2:16:00 PM

I agree that the fragrance opens pretty fresh (but generic), but in some seconds becomes really horrible. I normally do not have big issues with fragrances, but this one made me feel really sick.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Joy is a Lovely Floral Pink Perfume...
Bergamot
Jasmine
Rose
Musk
Sprayed it on this morning...Dainty Roses & Oranges...A Little Sweet...Nice for Spring & Summer...

on 9/13/2018 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this fragrance. For me it's probably a day time fragrance which smell very fine and expensive like only the likes of Dior, Chanel etc. smell. Not like the cheap and nasty celebrity fragrances. It smells fresh but in a floral and slightly sweet kind of way. There are also some fruity notes in it. After wearing it for few hours you can definitely smell the woody undertones but in a very delicate way. I think the name suits the fragrance very well and the bottle is beautiful! It also lasts a very long time. It reminds me a bit of Chanel's Allure, but only certain notes and Allure is definitely a lot heavier! I'd probably put it in the same category as Chanel Chance Tendre and Shiseido Ever Bloom, those pinky floral fragrances for the day with some citrusy/fruity notes.

on 9/5/2018 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

The problem I have is with the drydown. It turns to old-fashioned dusting powder that smells like violets and roses. The opening is very nice, I like that it smells like a mellowed out version of Allure. During the middle it reminds me of Michael Kors Sexy Amber. I thought this would be a good one for the upcoming cooler months, but the dd killed that lemming.

I recently gave this one a try and unfortunately found it rather generic smelling . Dior usually produces very distinctive fragrances, but I do not see much different here than the enormous number of fruity florals surrounding the counters these days . It is not a bad perfume, but I personally do not find it inspiring at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Dior has launched a new fragrance called Joy. I won't comment on the drama with the name (LVMH now owns Jean Patou who created a classic fragrance called Joy as well, I guess they did this to use the name and not get sued). This is a pleasant scent that reminds me a lot of a cross between Dior's own classic scent Dune and Chanel's Allure EDT for women. It has lots of citrus in the opening, but ends up smelling like that Dune/Allure combo I mentioned. Not terribly unique, but the staying power is fairly good. I think it'll be popular, but I'll stick with Allure or Dune if I want to wear something like this.

on 8/27/2018 6:00:00 PM

Joy By Dior just launched a couple of days ago and I have been wearing it through generous samples . I have approx 5 ml .I have been generously squirting it on ..because I have to . It is a quiet-ish scent.

Before I tried the new scent,I did not read any reviews about it but I did look at the notes.I was sold on the rose & Jasmine heart. I will not comment on the * elephant* in the room re. the name Joy .

Francois Demarchy - in house perfumer for Dior says Joy by Dior ' resembles' pointillism / pointillist paintings ( art technique of using many dots to from an image .)

Quote from the Dior website :

"This perfume resembles certain pointillist paintings that are rich with a precise, yet not too obvious, technique. It is constructed with multiple nuances, a myriad of facets that lead to an expression that is clear and self-evident." Francois Demarchy.

I guess I find that fascinating because Joy by Dior has the Dior DNA running through it and then some ..but all in a blurry , , slightly muted ,muzak, out of focus way and all thrown down onto a sheet of laundry fresh, white musk. The scent IS nuanced with many facets.

The bergamot start is a rush - promising , tart. There is some of the Exclusive Gris Dior ( formerly Gris Montaigne ) with a nouveau chypre bite , a dash of cleaned up patchouli ( like Coco Mademoiselle's from Chanel ) , small nods to J'adore, then a classic rose- jasmine heart which is v beautiful but again v hazy , detections of La Colle Noire ( the sweet rose Exclusive) and the end of a tenacious clean white musk. Joy by Dior transitions a lot , right till the end.

So little dots of 'this and that' make up Joy By Dior. Again , v muted , hazy ,feminine. It smells like very beautiful skin cream once you get past the top notes . The dry down is surprisingly long lasting on me - a skin scent of rosy jasmine white musk . ( Do not expect an indolic jasmine. This is bell clean jasmine and sweet rose.)
This is a mainstream release. I assume Dior did their marketing research .The bottle resembles Sauvage's in shape and cap . It's quite acceptable.

I will continue to wear and sample Joy by Dior. It is v wearable. Office friendly , people friendly. Calming . If you are looking for a directly distinct and edgy scent , you may want to try niche perfume or the Exclusive Diors .

In conclusion, I like it. I may grow to love it because there is value in smelling like a very gorgeous skin cream .