no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

Notes: citrus, rose, jasmine, orange blossom, green leaves, neroli, petitgrain, laurel, opoponax, incense, floral extracts, elemi, vanilla, cedarwood and sandalwood. Dilmun opens sweet and powdery on my skin. I smell sweet flowers, jasmine and orange blossom, with a slightly bitter base which must be the citrus oils. These green and bitter notes balance the flowers and add an interesting second layer to the floral notes. At first the two different note types struggle with each other until they find their correct balance. Later on the fragrance turns into a powdery orange blossom scent as rose and vanilla notes have taken over as the base in this stage of the fragrance. The dry down is pale aromatic wood. Lasts for 6 hours.

About reviewer (308 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I had to keep inhaling this. I think I have to buy a bottle. I didn't read the notes before trying. At first sniff it was very familiar, very herbal and felt like it was doing me good. When LV gets it right it's truly soul therapy. I pictured a kitchen garden. Perhaps a medieval Italian one. A quiet walled garden full of herbs and aromatic vegetables, with a couple of rose bushes along the path. I was surprised to find it was neroli, which I didn't realise was so - savoury? Perhaps the laurel underscored that kitchen garden feeling too. It's not at all gourmand - yet it is nourishing. A powdery sweetness soon appears, but it's not overwhelming and the neroli heart stays strong to the end.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

2.0

10 years ago

The laurel & other green leaves in this seem kind of bitter, & the neroli is the deeper kind that isn't as sweet as some, so it doesn't quite offset the bitterness enough. plus it goes on a bit harsh/sharp, by the time it mellows & has touch of incense it is also washed out, very sheer.

About reviewer (143 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

11 years ago

Lovely neroli scent bolstered by some citrus notes and a bit of greenery on a soapy musky base which helps to elongate the neroli a bit. I don't mind the soapiness-- I kind of like it. And the musk is inoffensive (sometimes I don't like musks) and never really lets go of the neroli. A very pleasant scent that lasts about four hours-- again, with never really letting go of the orange flower/neroli fragrance. That's an accomplishment! Way to go, LV! It's not as soapy or as long lasting as the new Prada Orange Flower Infusion-- but the neroli is nicer smelling, more citrussy and flowery. It's not as sharp and well defined as Neroli Portofino or AG's Neroli-- but it does last longer. Although not as long as the Prada. :)

About reviewer (258 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

13 years ago

Lorenzo Villoresi's Dilmun is a sharp clean orange blossom scent with a signature LV musk base, an impression of slight vanilla and amber, and a hint of wild greens. Similar on me to 24 Faubourg edp. Dilmun transports me back and forth from India to Italy. Sunlight in a bottle.

About reviewer (1117 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

14 years ago

WOW! I got a sample today and upon first application I thought it was a scrubber -- it was too soapy and sharp (and perfumey)-- I gave it a few minutes and then it worked its magic on my skin. I am in love! The sharp soapy phase only lasts a few minutes at most so it's not like I have to suffer through a long horrible opening phase to be able to enjoy the dry down -- like some SLs-- This smells like honey-ed orange blossom. Yes, like others said, I detect some green notes, a little jasmine in the background and some incensy note more evident in the dry down. I prefer this to Jo Malone's Orange Blossom. FBW for me!

About reviewer (200 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairOther

14 years ago

As Paschat said before this traditional flower note with the citrus accents is slightly spiced with incense.It has also a delightful laurel note that does'nt bring the scent on the stew category.The drydown keeps the green freshness but i detect a light touch of olibanum although there's not in the notes.I consider Dilnum a very nice and straightforward orange blossom but it's extremely light.It's so lioght that i have a problem to fully enjoy it.I wish it was more full-bodied so it could work for me cause i own a bottle.still from time to time i layer this with dsh indian patchouli oil and it seems to be more strong with that.

About reviewer (317 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

14 years ago

this is one of my most beloved and my holy grail in perfumery 's world i dare to say simply divine

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

from

15 years ago

Honey and orange blossom soap. That was my initial impression of this fragrance. I had ordered it unsniffed - I love orange blossom, I love most LVs...how could it not work? Well, for over two years it didn't work. I couldn't get past the soapy accord. Out of guilt, I tried it once every third blue moon, but they must have been "off" blue moons, because it still didn't work. However, retried it earlier this summer and the expected LV magic happened. Fell madly in love. How could I ever not have appreciated it? Honey, citrus, orange blossom, some green notes, a touch of jasmine, resins on a softly woody base. I hardly even notice the soapy accord any longer and it certainly doesn't bother me. It's less soapy the IPdF's Zagara, has less citrus and spice than SMN's Zagara (but shares the emphasis on floral notes), has far less citrus than Norma Kamali's Zagara, is less sweet and spicy than SL's Fleurs d'Oranger, isn't quite as light or green as Cote Bastide's Fleur d'Oranger and isn't quite as delicate, floral and feminine as Jo Malone's Orange Blossom. This is simply a beautifully composed scent from LV. One of my holy grail orange blossom scents.

About reviewer (577 reviews)

SkinOther

15 years ago

After re-visiting a long-neglected sample of Dilmun, I cannot believe that I never bought the fragrance outright. I agree with the reviewer below--the opening combination of orange blossom and citrus notes is rendered in a very traditional and masculine sort of way. Orange blossom is supported, however, by what I think of as Villoresi's signature sweet, powdery musk base. Beautiful and light, this counterintuitive base accord slowly diffuses the weight of the floral heart in the most elegant manner. Dilmun is certainly an orange blossom for all seasons, and I'm thrilled to see LV fragrances now available in 50 ml bottles.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age25-29