3.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 days ago

Had a terrible allergic reaction to this mascara. I have been wearing mascara for 35 years and have never had an issue before. Have read other reviews that suggest it's the fragrance.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBrown

a month ago

I’m pretty sure an ingredient in this is a magic dust. I have had my tube for a year, used almost daily, and there is still no clumping and it hasn’t gotten dried out at all. This is probably my favorite formula and my favorite color ever, and I have used Lancôme, Tarte, Dior....

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

6 months ago

I love the formula of this even more than the black, but it reads more soft black brown on my blond lashes than burgundy. It’s a great mascara and I’ve been reaching for it over my prestige mascaras.

About reviewer (689 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

from

9 months ago

I love colored mascara, and this one is very nice, without being too bright. It really looks more brown than burgundy on the lashes, unless you are in bright light or outdoors. Performs well, I usually use a primer and a few coats, haven’t had any problems with smudging or flaking. I’d buy it again.

About reviewer (391 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlond

EyesBrown

a year ago

I like this mascara a lot. It's not perfect, but pretty good. I have green eyes and pale skin so I sometimes want something to make the green stand out a bit, ideally without making me look like I have allergies. This is more a browned red, or a wine-red-purple that leans dark instead of bright. The pros: The color is darker, and not super red. It veers close to a deep brown, so it's not garish. It is buildable. One coat looks natural, but a few more and you get more impact. It doesn't run. I've worn it to the gym and haven't experienced any streaking. It washes off easily. The cons: Maybe a tiny bit steep in price for a so-called drugstore product. (Fortunately there are sales) It takes a lot of layers to get real drama and volume. It can get flaky at times (with more layers). With a coupon and sale I got this mascara for something like $4.60, which is a good deal. For that price it's worth it, and I'd consider getting more, since it satisfies a jones for a more colorful mascara. Since my lashes are a light brown color naturally, I get some nice, but subtle color. I like it enough that I'd consider buying another tube down the line, preferably on sale.

About reviewer (363 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I bought this mascara for a fun change this fall and have not been disappointed with it. It's good old reliable L'Oreal Voluminous with a burgundy hue. Although it looks very red on the wand, if dabbed on a paper towel, you'll see it's more a deep brown with a slight deep burgundy tint, and that's how it reads on the eye for me (NW 15-20, blue eyes). I thought it would be a disaster because anything red or reddish around my eyes generally makes me look tired and ill, but this does not. It has the reliable, sturdy, long Voluminous wand, which makes application easy, and is slightly dry, so it really holds a curl. However, it makes applying a second coat difficult, so if you plan to do so, have a lash comb or spoolie ready to get rid of the clumps. One coat is fine with, me, though, so I've been very pleased with it overall. Would I repurchase? I doubt it. It's fun, but not necessary. However, it's great to find a fashionable mascara with a great formula and wand that's also inexpensive.

About reviewer (1188 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

EyesBlue

from

a year ago

I love colored mascaras. I snatched this up at Walgreens eagerly! I've worn it twice so far and have been pleased. The color shows just fine, I do have light lashes to begin with though. It's not the best application, but it's good enough. Comes off easily with cold cream at the end of the day. Does not flake, smear or run for me.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesGray

a year ago

I am very disappointed with this mascara as it does not look burgundy at all but black. It doesn't even look burgundy if I wipe it on a tissue.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Medium

a year ago

I usually only wear waterproof mascara, but I took a chance on this because I wanted a burgundy mascara. I have green eyes, so I was excited to give this shade a go. Unfortunately, the color didn’t show up whatsoever. And to top it off, it just looks dry and flattened out my curled lashes a bit. Big disappointment.

About reviewer (141 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral