L'Oreal Paris Les Chocolats - Sweet Tooth [844]

L'Oreal Paris Les Chocolats - Sweet Tooth [844]

1 review

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I'd best describe Sweet Tooth as being an apricot nude shade of matte liquid lipstick. I've got a fair warmer-side-of-neutral skintone and it's the kind of nude that makes my lips nearly invisible from a short distance. I'm not sure if the look is truly flattering on me, but I'm enjoying it regardless, on days when when I want my eyes to be the focus of a look.

The formula is the same as it is for the previous two shades I reviewed in this line, so forgive how similar it is; the formula is not-too-wet, but not-too-dry, so it applies easily for a liquid lipstick and dries pretty quickly. You get the easy application, strong colour and good staying power of a traditional bullet lipstick, without the drag or the heavy & drying feeling you can get from a bullet lipstick. As a liquid-based formula you get a soft & moisturized feeling and pleasant scent/taste of a gloss, without the sticky and slippy feeling you ge from a glossy formula. I want to give a shout-out to tip of the wand; it's a hollow heart shape, so it has a hole in the center which makes it next-to-impossible for formula to gunk up and overload the applicator.

I highly recommend picking up at least one or two shades from the 12-piece Les Chocolats matte liquid lipstick line. I already own too many lipsticks for one person to go through in a lifetime, but I'm extremely tempted to take advantage of the 3-for-2 offers both Boots and Superdrug are currently offering on L'Oreal cosmetics to pick up more shades from this line, since all three of the shades I have are consistent in quality - I'm probably going to end up with all of them sooner or later...