L'Oreal Paris Infallible Unlimited Mascara

No Image

2.5

on 9/15/2018 6:15:00 PM

I really like this mascara. The wand is nice and has spikes of varying length and the bend is useful to get to every lash, though I’ve always managed that just fine with a normal wand too, so it’s a bit of a gimmick. The thing I like most is the formula. It’s very black, it doesn’t flake or smudge and it doesn’t irritate my sensitive eyes. It doesn’t feel crispy and was easy to remove with micellar water. I fell asleep in it for a few hours today and it still didn’t smudge or bunch up. It gives nice definition to the lashes and they looked a bit more volumised but I don’t think it did anything for the length, which is what stops it being a HG mascara for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Curiosity had me buying this mascara. A wand which bends to reach all the lashes? Well I had to give it a go.

Claims:
Our game-changing mascara innovation
Bendable mascara wand for precise application
Reaches every last lash, from corner to corner
Lengthens, volumises, defines and separates lashes
Intense black finish for high-impact lashes
Longwear formula

First time use review:
Hmmm......not for me I am afraid! After curling my lashes and coating them with this mascara I was left with about 5 clumped together stubby lashes. I have fairly sparse lashes but they are not that short - but this made the curl drop straight away and look clumpy and short. Yes, when you bend the wand it really does get to lashes I never knew was there, but as it went on clumpy it wasn't the look I wanted (I don't like bold lashes). Not sure if I like the packaging - its quite cumbersome to use and takes up a lot of room in my makeup bag!

On a positive note, its certainly black, doesn't smudge and when dry it isn't crunchy.