NYX Professional Makeup Can't Stop Won't Stop Matte Primer

3.3

Water/Aqua/Eau, Argilla/Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

After giving this a go for a week it is officially being thrown out. Here are my reasons why:

Pros:
- Does (kind of) stop shine

Cons:
- Initial application is thick and feels like applying glue to your face. Not nice!
- during application it is like it is stretching your skin as it starts to set straight away. Skin is delicate, so makeup application should be too.
- It doesn't play well with moisturizers, SPF, foundation or BB creams. I even tried it with just some concealer and powder and it looked horrible in under an hour
- when it did work with my makeup, the look didnt last long. Turned foundation cakey very quickly (approx. 30mins)
- exaggerates any fine lines (makes ones you didnt even know you had!)
- clung to any dry patches (even if it is only ever so slightly dry!)
- packaging had a small opening for the product. Like, TINY! I can only imagine how difficult it would be to get any remaining product out if you got down to the last bit

Over all. Terrible product. Definitely don't recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Becca ever matte dupe!! This is my new go to.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is the true gem in the Cant Stop Won’t Stop range for me. I am next level oily. Always have been and most of my base makeup purchases are centered around correcting that. This is a dupe for Becca Evermatte Primer and Make Up For Ever Step 1 Mattifying primer. I swear this. It is so thick that I had to use pressure to squeeze out a good amount. It is so effective that I cannot use it with the accompanying foundation because that is too matte for me. So what we have here is the drugstore primer to extend the wear of every other foundation I have. So far I have paired this with my holy grail drugstore favorite, Maybelline Healthy Skin. And it extended the wear time 4 hours. I only needed to blot at night and the foundation was good as new after. Outstanding product. I will continue to pair it with others as I see fit.

Planning on Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless, Fenty Pro Filter, L’Oreal Infallible Pro Matte, Colourpop Foundation, Diorskin Forever and Star Foundations, Kat Von D, Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation, Covergirl True Blend Matte Made and Wet N Wild Photo Focus next as they could use more mattification. I do not ever plan on pairing this with NYX Can’t Stop Won’t Stop, Beauty Bakerie Cake Mix, Estée Lauder Double Wear or Rimmel Stay Matte as those foundations are already more than enough mattification for me.

For all those who say primer is a scam, I disagree provided you have certain issues with your skin. This product speaks to 2 of those issues I have. It fills in pores and mattifies very well. I only use it on my nose, forehead and chin. So this will last a long time because I do not go overboard. I am glad this was a fall release as I doubt I will be able to use it during the winter when my skin is more dehydrated but still oily. I will continue to purchase this over and over.

After deciding to purchase the NYX Professional Makeup's Can't Stop Won't Stop Foundation, I thought I would also give the NYX Can't Stop Won't Stop Matte Primer a try with this. I must say that the NYX Can't Stop Won't Stop Matte Primer is without a doubt the thickest primer I've ever used. This stuff is THICK!! Because it is so thick when you apply it this does not agree with many layers of other products. It can cause moisturizer or sunscreen underneath to pill. Where this product works okay is with the new NYX Can't Stop Won't Stop Foundation. This didn't work well with other foundations I tried such as the Bare Minerals BarePro Foundation or the Boscia BB Cream. If you don't use many layers or moisturizer underneath the primer this does work better. I do love the price though. If you have oilier or normal skin and are going to try the NYX Can't Stop Won't Stop Foundation this is worth trying out in conjunction with it. My video review can be seen here: