wet n wild Photo Focus Dewy Face Primer - Till Prime Dew Us Part

Photo Focus Dewy Face Primer - Till Prime Dew Us Part

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water/Eau, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Panthenol, Propanediol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chlorphenesin, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Silica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77499.

on 12/6/2018 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I really loved the Becca primer, unfortunately it broke me out and I'm not willing to pay that much money for something that breaks me out (it might be the silica but I'm not sure).

I wanted a luminous primer and on a whim latter seeing a review I decided to pick this up. I love it. I alternate between this and too faced hangover.

If you have normal to dry, sensitive skin I would highly recommend this primer.

on 12/2/2018 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The finished effect looks high end. Many glowy primers are just sheered out liquid highligters, not this one! Your skin looks glossy and naturally dewy, not shimmery or glittery. I also like to mix it in with my foundation to sheer it out or wear it on its own. The color scared me at first. It looks quite golden, but the color doesn’t translate onto the skin. I wish the opening on the tube was smaller. Too much product comes out.

on 9/3/2018 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I haven't worn this much this summer since I purchased as I've been mainly wearing tinted moisturizers but I think this would be nice for the winter. It's very similar to the Becca Backlight Priming Filter, a medium thick luminous champagne coloured cream which dries down quickly and doesn't leave a sticky finish. As with similar products you can wear under foundation or mix in with your foundation to make it more glowy. As someone else pointed out, the opening on the tube is far too large so you have to be careful not to squeeze out too much. But you can't beat the price.

on 8/16/2018 10:54:00 AM

Can’t beat the price! Even if you don’t like it, it’s worth the $5 to find out in my opinion. I bought this on a whim and will definitely repurchase once I run out.

I have an oily t-zone, but love a glowy makeup look, so I use this dewy primer on my whole face except my t-zone, and then I use Nyx Pore Filler on my t-zone, chin, and areas beside my nose where my pores are visible. I love the combination!

The primer itself is very bronzey-nude, but doesn’t affect my skin tone (I’m very pale). It has a lovely shimmer to it, looks great alone or under foundation for a healthy glow.

The hole the product comes out of is massive, and you really don’t need a lot. Squeeze lightly! I use a pea-sized amount, rub it between my fingertips and rub into my face. Lastly, I pat my skin where I put the primer, which I find makes foundation adhere to it better.

on 8/16/2018 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm leaving this review at a lippie of three until I can test it out further. This is pretty much a dupe (ingredients-wise) for the Becca Backlight priming filter primer. I don't think it's similar enough to the Firstlight one (that has a lavender color, I believe) - and this one has a nude tinge to it.

This is very glowy, and I love it - but not for summer, which is why I'm going to wait until my skin is more dry/dull come fall/winter, and then I want to see how it does. It's just too hot and humid right now to have a very glowy primer on my skin :) It's heavy and thick, which took me by surprise. When I tried to apply little dabs like I normally do with primers, it didn't want to spread/go very far, so you end up using a bit more because it's thick. It did feel "heavy" like I was wearing a thicker primer, but I'm also very used to wearing very lightweight primers (Smashbox Primerizer which is basically like a light moisturizer). My makeup clung very well, but did look cakey because the primer is so thick. I also got a little shinier faster, but again, this is a glowy primer. I normally have shiny/oily skin, so I stick to lightweight primers and matte foundations. I gave it a three lippie for packaging, mostly because the hole for the tube is HUGE so when you open it and try to squirt some primer out - a huge amount will spit out at you. Be warned! Wish it had more of a point or smaller squeeze tip.

For me, the glow faded immediately once I put foundation on (matte) - so I kinda lean towards using this without makeup on, or at least something very light, like a BB/CC cream, or just powder and concealer. I loved the glow on my skin, until I put foundation over it and it was gone. Something to consider. I also dislike how thick it is -- so mixing with foundation might work better and come fall/winter, I may try that first to help spread it further.

I did not wear it a full day because of how heavy it felt/shiny with the heat/humidity here, so I washed it off after 4 hours. I did not break out from it - and I was TERRIFIED I would because I was pretty sure Ethylhexyl Palmitate may break me out (very comedogenic) but it didn't (and is also in my fav. ELF powder and has never broke me out - but something to keep in mind, ingredients-wise). I say if you are looking to try a glowy primer but don't want to splurge the $$$ on the pricer options, try this stuff for $4.99 for sure.

I think once I thin it out with moisturizer or runny primer/foundation mix - this would apply and feel a lot better on this skin.