Maybelline New York Superstay Matte Ink Remover

No Image

1 review

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the products that I was hesitant to buy but am glad I did. I love the matte ink liquid lipsticks. I love the way they last literally all day and wear well, and the amount of pigment they give without any dry/crusty texture.

BUT they are seriously IMPOSSIBLE to take off sometimes, especially certain colours. This is one of the major drawbacks of the line, and I've spent many a night applying a thick layer of oil (argan usually), my oil cleanser, regular cleanser, even a lip scrub with oil trying to get a colour off and having all that just barely work. This is my issue with the shade 'Protector' specifically, which is a deep blackened purple.

I was originally quite skeptical about the remover product for the lipstick, because if an oil couldn't take it off, nothing could. But this stuff works really well. With just a couple swipes and rubbing my lips together, I was able to easily wipe off every last bit of pigment, even from the pesky Protector shade. I'm so much more excited to wear these colours now that I know I'll be able to actually get them off.

I took off one lippie just for the pure fact that I had to buy a remover specifically for this lipstick, as it was otherwise not really necessary in my collection and that is kinda frustrating.