Banila Co dear Hydration boosting cream

No Image

3.0

1 review

on 8/14/2018 11:01:00 PM

Most know Banila Co for their cleansing balm, a cult favourite. So naturally, while in Korea, I couldn’t help but poke around in the store and see what other products they had to offer.

The dear hydration boosting cream was displayed as a new product and piqued my interest. They had sample jars so I just had to give it a try. I mean, it was a beautiful petal pink, and the packaging was cute. And I was in Korea...every excuse to buy more facial products.

Not quite what I expected, nor results I was hoping for.

I finally did find some reviews from Asia online to understand what ingredients were in there, but it otherwise did not provide much information on the packaging.

My feelings were:

PROS
- beautiful consistency. I think Koreans are true skincare specialists. It was light, between a gel and a cream
- application was easy. It leaves a slightly sticky feel, but these days, I think most products leave something to keep it hydrated
- the jar packaging may give the perception of a lot of cream. Nonetheless, there is still a lot in there

CONS
- I do have sensitive skin, but not super sensitive. There is something in there that definitely makes my skin sting EVERY time I put it on. It’s the feeling that it’s alcohol in dry skin...I just experience it every time
- not visible results the day after. In fact, I won’t attribute it to the cream, but it so happens I was doing just fine until I used this again for the summer, and my skin was noticeably drier and sagging in the morning

So, unfortunately, not a rebuy nor recommendation from me.