CHANEL L'Huile Anti-Pollution Cleansing Oil

L'Huile Anti-Pollution Cleansing Oil

1 review

on 8/12/2018 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have a love affair with all things Chanel, and I'm especially happy with the quality of their products.

My go-to Chanel beauty advisor recommended this to me as I've been using heavily foaming cleansers to remove makeup and clean my face. This isn't the first oil cleanser I've used but I stopped using them when the milky lather would ruin my vision in the morning. I have dry skin that tends to get tight and look sallow without moisturizer, so I look for cleansers that are creamy and don't foam.

One to two pumps is all you need to cleanse your entire face and neck - including eye makeup. And at first I couldn't believe it, but L'Huile really does remove heavy eye makeup! I wear several coats of mascara and it all came off in a few rubs.

Contact with water does produce a milky white lather but it's easily rinsed off and doesn't leave a film. My skin feels soft, hydrated, and fragranced. The scent is somewhere close to a rose-y, French jasmine. I wouldn't recommend this for those allergic to sunflower oil (first ingredient) or fragrance. I took off a star because although this effectively removes my makeup without stripping my skin's oils, I still get blurry vision.

The price was $45 for 5 oz. in a square pump bottle. It gets the job done while protecting and adding moisture to my skin. What I find funny is that this cleanser is only $7 more than their lipstick. The product itself is really sophisticated looking, but L'Huile is definitely on the upper tier in terms of price. I would use this sparingly, it's basically liquid gold!