no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

{I actually have the aeroplane give-away creme but they smell the same.) Wow! As soon as I sniff this,I get a spicy orange,in the hot humid sun in Spain.The sun is evaporating the juices..yum! It also has pangs of lemon,lime and grapefruit.So citrusy it nearly brings tears to my eyes. I also smell lemon grass.Its so yummy ;)

About reviewer (31 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

Notes: lime, orange, sicilian lemon; mint, basil; spices, cedar, oakmoss and cardamom.   This fragrance opens with a blast of lemon enhanced by other citrus notes. The resulting accord is pleasantly tart with a sparkly sweetish undertone. At first the scent is fresh and zesty, but it eventually becomes sweeter and juicier as it progresses. The last stages of the fragrance are herbal-woodsy, since basil joins the citrus notes from the mid-development onwards. I feel Citron Citron is in the vein of Lemon Sorbet, but is a far superior offering. Lasts roughly four hours on my skin.

About reviewer (308 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

2.0

11 years ago

Wow, as I am a sucker for fresh citrius notes and having read the notes composing Citron Citron I was about to buy unsniffed. Luckily I got a sample before! I do not get a load of lemon at the beginning but a get a sharp lime, then suddendly mint and basil (a lot of), green grass so instead of being a pure citrus scent it is to me more of a green type of scent. The citrus is more a middle note than the typical beginning notes. So it becomes pleasant after a few minutes, but also very common - there is no distinctive quality to Citron Citron. Oh yes, I agree with some reviewer below that it turns sour/sirupy after a while, very generic, like all these artificial lemon scents they add in detergents and bug sprays. Lasting power - like in all Miller Harris - is almost nil. Could be OK as a generic drugstore perfume; but it is not oustanding to shell out the outrageous amount of money they ask for it.

About reviewer (1019 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Fine

2.0

11 years ago

The notes sounded like heaven to me: Sicilian lemon, Spanish orange and Jamaican lime,mint and basil, green moss, Moroccan cedar, and cardamom. What it ended up smelling like was curry with lemon. At first it smelled great but within 10 minutes it was heavy and syrupy. I just think my chemistry was off or it just doesn't mesh with it! I was very disappointed!

About reviewer (107 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Fine

11 years ago

This is a fantastic citrus perfume, the most natural one I came across. I love the opening which is a warm lemony scent without any sharpness. The drydown is sweet - powdery on my skin and I just love it! I think this will be my staple spring fragrance as somehow I feel it is too warm for summer.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

11 years ago

As I read on Miller Harris website, citurs fragrances are all about top notes. I agree, this is why I don't understand why most of the citrus fragrances immediatelly fall flat, right after the application, most of them smell joyful and citrusy for the first two seconds only. Citron Citron is all about citrus, it is all about nature's true scents. You can smell lemons, bergamots, oranges... beautiful! Then it is just touched by a fragrant note of basil and herbs, but they don't overpower the sparkling citrus. This is why I was so dissapointed with Jo Malone's Basil and Mandarin, You could smell the mandarin ONLY when You applied the perfume, later there was nothing but a flat base of something weird, which turned out to be basil that wasn't done right anyways... When I smell Citron Citron I have a silly thought, that if the sun could have it;s own scent (other than all kinds of burning gases:)) it would smll like citron citron. Bright, summery, joyful and beautiful. I also like Citron Citron skincare produtcs such as shower gel, body lotion, soaps, shampoo & conditioner... Skincare stuff is very fresh, uplifting and smells so pretty. I love it!

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

1.0
from

12 years ago

No, no, no. This is not the best citrus fragrance I've encountered at all. Quite a disappointment. It smells like Pledge furniture spray. Prefer to wear something along the lines of Issy Miyake's men scent for a summer citrusy fragrance, where the note is grapefruit rather than lemon. Much prefer her Fleur du Matin to this.

About reviewer (149 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

12 years ago

This is a very pleasant citrus: I mostly smell lime and lemon in it, and they get somewhat candied after a while, losing their citrus sharpness to a comforting, creamy sweetness. But what makes it very interesting is the herbaceous middle notes featuring basil and mint and the soft cardamom-moss base. I love to wear this scent, too bad it doesn't long much to my nose.

About reviewer (332 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Other

HairBrown

EyesBrown

from

13 years ago

This lasts on my skin a good while, unlike many other citrus scents. I think it is beacuse of the base, which develops into a slightly masculine after-shave note after a few hours on the skin. Actually I tested this the other day together with Fleur de Matin on my other arm and the two ended up smelling quite similar in the end, only the Citron a bit more like mens' aftershave. It just crosses the fine line of being "not feminine enough" (because I would not call this very masculine either) but for what it is it's quite pleasant and refreshing. Which is why I'm giving it a 3 instead of a 2. Not for me though.

About reviewer (657 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

13 years ago

A great impeovement from the other Miller Harris citrus Tangerine Verte.I mostly smell a fresh lime blended with some other citrus but initialy i like that this is more of a lime than a lemon.In the drydown an earthy oakmoss emerges.This would be great for a sporty Annie-Halliesque type of woman.

About reviewer (317 reviews)

SkinCombination