LORAC Porefection Complexion Pen

1 review

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm very happy with my purchase of this concealer. ULTA originally was out of stock in my shade, but I did ultimately acquire it on July 5, and have used it daily since then. For reference, it retails for $23.00 for a 0.03 oz/1g stylo pen. Mine was purchased in store (vs online). I am in the Warm shade range and color CP1. This concealer is encased in a click pen style wand that dispenses the product through a triangular head. It's about the heft and size of a full-sized mascara tube but fits nicely in my small makeup bag. The triangled tip makes it easy for me to apply around my inner eye corners & nose. But what I love even more is that in addition to taking very little product (a few strokes) under my eyes to conceal and brighten, it also cleans up and sharpens contour very well! I don't using a brush to blend it, as I find that my fingers work very well, so I can't speak to blend-ability with tools aka sponges etc. But it works easily into my skin and stays put where placed. I do set it afterward with a "bake" (Ben Nye powder) applied with a makeup wedge, then remove any excess powder with a brush. On my older, dry complexion I am getting a full 8 hr. day of wear, and have also topped it off in the evening before going out to refresh my look. I find that it is build-able, but that I only have to use a very small amount to get my desired layer of coverage. For that reason I think it's a very good value. I am already planning to pick up another asap so that I don't have to switch it back and forth between my vanity and makeup bag. It is the type of item that you cannot see into; so when it's empty it might take me by surprise lol. I haven't tried the click-up method for fear it can't retract again, so try this at your own risk ;) One further note: My dark circles can be bad, so I always also routinely use an eye cream and corrector before applying -any- concealer.