La Mer The Treatment Lotion Hydrating Mask

La Mer The Treatment Lotion Hydrating Mask
The Treatment Lotion Hydrating MaskThe Treatment Lotion Hydrating Mask

on 9/7/2018 8:33:00 AM

It is another sheet mask said to have micro clothes to be able to deliver the Broth (fermented Algae) into the skin better.

The liquid is basically the equivalent of the Treatment Lotion with a tad thicker consistency as Julia has pointed out, and an additional marine (algae) derived blend of Hypnea Musciformis (Algae) Extract and Gelidiella Acerosa Extract. This algae blend complements the Broth that already has healing properties along with the fact that they are all come from the Ocean.
This blend is marketed by its producer as an excellent anti-inflammatory agent that has shown outstanding results on inflammation that leads to aging of the skin.
(It seems that this is the new "favourite" at the EL Companies and has been used in the EL Re-Nutriv Ultimate Youth Line along with the new LM Cooling Gel Cream and the Dramatically Hydrating Jelly launched under the Clinique brand in the summer of 2018.)

What I like about this mask is that it did hydrate the facial skin, actually more than what I anticipated. Although I find the fluid too sticky after the removal of the mask, it did absorb into the skin surprisingly well leaving a visible (and lasting) glow!
I think (for my combination skin) it will be a better choice in the colder and dryer winter months rather than a more humid and warmer time of the year.
I did like the results even after the first application, but I have to say applying first in the evening and then in the following morning did make a difference! Rather like coming out from a facial at a Spa.

I think the price is outrageous (no matter that there is almost 1 oz/27.9 ml of The Treatment Lotion is in each sachet). I also believe that the actual content of the Broth is somewhere 1-3%, rather 1% and that again will not justify the price.

on 8/8/2018 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The La Mer Treatment Lotion Hydrating Mask was introduced in the US in mid '18 - 6 one-time masks per carton, individually sealed, priced at $150 plus tax, please see uploaded stock photo. The single sachets are convenient also for travel. Because I have been a loyal fan of the La Mer Treatment Lotion for years I was very curious to try it. Since I don't take the time to visit an external facialist, I am a regular user of at home facial masks in general and I have been liking La Mer's other mask offerings in particular.

La Mer states that they used "a full ounce of Treatment Lotion" in each of these masks and so I was prepared for an intensely hydrating experience - and from my good rating you can guess that it was.
The mask is soaking wet upon removal from its sleeve packaging, in fact I did squeeze it a bit so it wouldn't drip all over the place. The mask fabric is a substantial white absorbent material, and just at room temperature application of this mask has a very pleasant cooling effect on my skin. In the meantime I have been storing the remaining masks in my fridge and I have enjoyed an ever more noticeable cooling during the 8 minutes of enjoying its effects during subsequent uses of this mask. Especially in summer I find it very refreshing. After the recommended 8 minutes of wearing the mask my face feels deeply hydrated, plumped and comfortable. After letting the fluid dry on my face I massaged it in and followed with my serum and moisturizer to lock in the moisture. The remaining fluid in the package was enough to be used on a cotton pad the following two days in lieu of the Treatment Lotion in my regular evening routine. That fluid is a bit thicker, somewhat more viscous than the original Treatment Lotion, but on my skin it felt the same. Also, I couldn't detect any difference in smell. The mask itself only has a very faint smell, which I personally appreciate. Although I can tolerate the fragrance of the La Mer Creme in general I am not a fan of fragrance in my skin care so it's usually a plus for me when products have a neutral or no discernible smell.

I would compare this mask to the SKII Facial Treatment mask in its effect on my skin as well as the handling and appearance of the fabric. I think both masks are very high quality products, with the La Mer Treatment Hydrating Mask being more expensive at $150 plus tax for 6 masks, whereas SKII charges $95 for 6 and $135 per pack of 10. Both manufacturers use their own, distinct proprietary "magic formula" in these masks - La Mer calls theirs Miracle Broth, SKII's goes by Pitera - but the immediate effect of both masks is similar in my experience after using the La Mer mask twice and the SKII mask repeatedly over the years.

General verdict: Well done, La Mer, after a few misses of their recent reformulations (especially the cool gel cream!) and in my view, very subpar new launches (facial exfoliator!) I am very pleased with this product and will very likely continue using it, especially in the warmer months or when intense replenishment of moisture is my main objective.

Key Ingredients: Miracle Brothâ„¢, Revitalizing Ferment, Micro-Fiber Technology
Ingredient Listing: Water\Aqua\Eau, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Methyl Gluceth-20, Bis-Peg-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Butylene Glycol, Hypnea Musciformis (Algae) Extract, Sucrose, Propanediol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Acetyl Dipeptide-1 Cetyl Ester, Sea Salt\Maris Sal\Sel Marin , Codium Tomentosum Extract, Gelidiella Acerosa Extract, Caffeine, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycereth-26, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Plankton Extract, Glycosaminoglycans, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Peg-8, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Pca, Urea, Ppg-5-Ceteth-20, Jojoba Wax Peg-120 Esters, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum, Pentylene Glycol, Trehalose, Laureth-3, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Tourmaline, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Alcohol Denat., Sodium Hydroxide, Lecithin, Polyquaternium-51, Disodium Edta, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol.