IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream Oil-Free Matte w/ SPF 40

IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream Oil-Free Matte w/ SPF 40

3.8

Active: Titanium Dioxide 9.0, Zinc Oxide 6.3. Inactive: Water, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Hexyl Laurate, Stearic Acid, Calcium Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, Disodium EDTA, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, Pinus Sylvestris Leaf Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Niacinamide, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Cholesterol, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Water, Lactobacillus/Honeysuckle Flower/Licorice Root/Morus Alba Root/Pueraria Lobata Root/Schizandra Chinensis Fruit/Scutellaria Baicalensis Root/Sophora Japonica Flower Extract Ferment Filtrate, Perfluorohexane, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Indicum Flower Extract, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Perfluorodecalin, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Magnolia Kobus Bark Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sprout Extract, Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Artemisia Princeps Leaf Extract, Pentafluoropropane, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Steareth-20, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Colloidal Oatmeal, Hydrolyzed Silk, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Tocopherol, Thiamine Hcl, Riboflavin, Retinyl Palmitate, Pantothenic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Niacin, Folic Acid, Chrysin, Carnitine HCl, Biotin, Ascorbic Acid, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Chlorhexidine Digluconate. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499).

on 4/14/2019 11:25:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product. I've read so many reviews raving about the miracles of this CC cream. It does mattify and it lasts a good amount of time and it doesn't transfer too badly. However, the coverage is just ok and if I didn't colour correct my dark spots and redness before applying it, it certainly does not colour correct for me. It's very expensive also which is a turn off and there are so many other CC creams out there for a fraction of the price. This product is just ok.

on 4/4/2019 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Tried both the regular IT CC and this matte version - samples from Sephora. First off - the shade range is horrible. I'm NC15-20 and fair was completely too white, I looked like a ghost, shade fair-light was too pink, and shade light was oompa loompa orange and like, 3 shades too dark for my face.

I tested fair because it was my only option, applied with a damp sponge, and it looked like the dry Sahara on my face, besides being literally a ghost. Washed it off immediately. I talked with the Sephora rep and told her how dry it was on my face, even with a sponge (and moisturizer beforehand) and she was like, "yeah, you probably won't like it then".

Ugh yeah. I donated my samples for someone else to try. CC cream, yeah right.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

For background on my skin, I have sensitive, dry-to-very dry, acne prone skin. I also suffer with seborrheic dermatitis that I get worst on my face. And, I am using genetic Retin A 0.1 cream, which does come with harsh side effects, but the good happens to far outweigh the bad with this stuff. I have always had sun sensitive skin, and with my usage of Retin A it has made my skin even more sun sensitive, which is why, wearing a high level of sun protect for me is an absolute must.

I do own not only the matte version, but the original one as well. Yes, dry skin gals can wear matte foundations, as this is definitely one that all skintypes can comfortably wear. The major differences between the matte version and the original are that the matte has no noticeable scent to it, while the original version has a citrusy type of scent to it (ot doesn't linger around all day on the face though), the original is a bit more hydrating (which is why, I wouldn't recommend wearing it during hot and very humid weather-no matter what skintypes you have), with the original I do have to put setting powder over it, while with the matte version I don't, also, the shades in Medium that I own from both versions aren't 100% identical to each other in color.

Now, when it comes to the oil free version, which I originally purchased as part of a set for It Cosmetics July 2018 TSV. I originally got it in Neutral Medium, but then, later purchased it separately in Medium. This is actually the first liquid foundation product that I've ever tried from It Cosmetics. I have tried some of their powder foundations. However, I noticed with their Celebration powder foundation, that the formulation of the powder was changed from the first time that I bought it, which is why, I did notice a change in performance. Plus, the shade range for that foundation needed to be badly expanded, just like all of It Cosmetics' foundations shed ranges need to be. Plus, it would be good if they provided more accurate shade charts, and provide what the undertone for each foundation happens to be as well. So, that way, people can be able to better find a shade match overall.

In regards to the shades that I bought for reference, I am matched to both NC30 and NW30 in MAC. With the Neutral Medium, I feel that it oxidizes a bit on my face as the day goes on and with the Medium, I don!5 really notice any oxidation at all. Plus, the Medium appears to have more of a yellowish-beige undertone to it, while Neutral Medium appears to have more of a neutral beige undertone to it instead, but it isn't that much darker than the Medium Shade in color depth to be honest.

I apply this product to my bare face and most times I don't even set it with powder. I do use concealer around my eye area, because I dark shadows that need extra coverage, plus, I use the concealer to prime my eyelids before I put on eyeshadow as well. You do not need to apply anything underneath this product, because it is designed to replace your skincare products and face primer too. It also provides chemical sunblock SPF40 protection which is something that we all need to be using on our faces, to avoid getting damage to our faces from the sun's harmful UV rays. This product can not only be applied to the face, but, beck, and décolleté area as well. Yes, it is quite pricey, but the best place to shop for It Cosmetics is off of QVC, where I get all of my It Cosmetics products from, because QVC happens to offer the best deals on It Cosmetics you'll ever find.

Please know that even though this product has the word matte in it's title's name, this is not a super drying, super matte foundation. It provides a naturally matte finish to the skin. I do apply it with the It Cosmetics brush that it is made to be applied with. I don't recommend applying this foundation with a beauty blender or one of its knockoffs, because it will sheer out the product, and absorb a lot of it as well, which will lessen the skin benefits that you get rom it as well as lessen the level of spf protection that you get from this product too. This is a product that can be used by all skintypes, and is especially good if you happen to live in a place that's hot and humid almost all year round like myself, or you just don't care to wear heavy, masky foundations, but instead, need coverage but still have a natural looking finish to your face as well.

on 1/29/2019 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I marked that I would buy again but I'm not 100% sure yet. I found that I have to be very careful what I pair this with. This looked atrocious on me with IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC powder over it, which was suggested to me at Sephora. However, if I use a matte primer, a very thin layer of this product with Coty Airspun/Laura Mercier Loose/MAC Prep + Prime, it looks really good and holds up great throughout the day, except for where my glasses sit. Anything else that I have used with this product, it slides around and transfers everywhere....greasy mess. I have this in shade Medium.

on 1/12/2019 10:44:00 PM

I love the coverage, almost like a foundation. A bit thick but manageable with a wet beauty blender. The tube looks big but surprisingly only lasted me three months and I didn’t use it everyday and at most one pump each use.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I just broke into it today and didn’t wear it long. I just wanted to make sure I have the right color mostly. It feels nice going on. I like it but I don’t. Mostly I do. The rich honey is definitely my match but you can tell I have on makeup. Which would be fine if it completely covered all my dark spots which some are new so very dark. I’m going to continue using it because I like the feel of it with all the benefits it doesn’t feel heavy.

on 11/6/2018 10:22:00 AM

I have hormonal break out prone skin that has become dry as of lately. I have tried many products before to obtain good coverage, while not breaking me out or causing flakes to appear. This product is amazing. Makes my skin look like my own, but better! Does not cause my to breakout, and definitely helps me stay matte. After about 12 hours, there is some separation, and small creasing... but not a huge deal. Love it overall.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have dry skin, and use the original formula. I thought this might be better in the summer, and I do not like having to powder down the shine on the original formula. However, this is not really the same thing. It is matte, but I thought it applied unevenly with fingers and I had to resort to a sponge to smooth it out evenly. The color was not a good match either, and that is my fault. Be aware that the oil free matte colors are not the same as the original formula, especially if you order online. I think I will probably not use this, and will give it to a more oily skinned friend. Love the packaging, wish more brands would do this.

on 9/8/2018 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I use a lot of very high end products and I can honestly say IT cosmetics are comparable as to Cleau de Peau , Chanel , La Prairie etc. I am currently using the CC illuminating Cream and their Bye Bye Foundation , I have used this CC Cream and is very good with excellent coverage , I like the Illuminating CC better because it gives you a dewy look but this one is very good also just a question of preference . The SPF is a great plus. You can't go wrong with IT CC Creams or Foundations.

on 8/29/2018 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This cc cream works really well on my skin. I am fair with some redness and I used the shade fair light. This covers pretty well with a satin finish. I like that this product is semi-matte because I didn't want it to be drying on my sensitive skin. I purchased this because I loved the original formula, but it was a little too moisturizing and rich which I suspect contributed to some breakouts. I also appreciate that it's oil-free because I found the oils in the original cc cream to be slightly irritating. So overall, this formula is way better for oily acne prone skin. It has all the benefits of the original, but this feels so much more comfortable on my skin. A little goes a long way due to it's thickness. I use one pump and apply with my sigma flat top kabuki brush and the finish is really good coverage. Also, something to consider is the shades do run a little bit darker in this formula.