Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion

Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion
Sensitive Skin Lotion

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Niacinamide, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Polycottonseedate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyacrylamide, Panthenol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethiconol, Ethylparaben, Sorbitan Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Polyquaternium-10, Cetearyl Glucoside, Propylparaben, Laureth-7, Peg-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Disodium Edta, Sodium Hydroxide, Stearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ammonium Polyacrylate

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is one of the best moisturizers I've ever used. I have very sensitive, reactive, acne-prone and eczema prone skin (mostly oily but can get extreme dryness from eczema patches) so it's tough finding a moisturizer that doesn't irritate or break my skin out while providing good moisture because sadly, a lot of companies put a lot of fragrance or too many irritating plant/floral ingredients in their skincare. This stuff has such a silky feel to it, probably the silkiest lotion I've ever used (and I've used a good number of more expensive moisturizers). It's not thick but not too thin, just a perfect consistentcy. It smooths so well into the skin and gives it that plump look and feel that I always look for in moisturizers. It provides very nice moisture without being greasy and it's also very hydrating I find. A lot of lotions tend to be moisturizing but not very hydrating and vice versa but this one does both! This has never clogged my pores or broken me out even if I pile it on which is quite rare for me. I love the fact that this has a good amount of niacinamide in it, an ingredient I find works well with acne and eczema. Also the fact that it's packaged in a bottle instead of a jar keeps the niacinamide and vitamin E stable and actually effective. Niacinamide isn't for everyone though, it can cause sensitivities in some people but thankfully my skin has no problem with it. It works beautifully under makeup especially when it comes to my undereyes, concealer blends in like a dream, doesn't crease as much and just overall looks so much better. Though, at times I can find this to be almost a little too moisturizing under makeup for me because I have mostly oily skin and I like to stay matte so I mix it with Cerave cream during the day (which oddly enough, has a matte finish) but this Olay lotion helps my skin from drying out from my makeup. I notice such a difference in my skin whenever I use this stuff, even over time. My skin looks and feels much softer, smoother, plump and a lot less dehydrated and irritated. Also any old acne marks I have fade more quickly. A con is that it's hard to find. I have pretty much only ever seen this at Target and half the time it's almost sold out. Some places online sell it but few. I wish this was sold at more stores and I'm pretty sure I'd be devastated if they ever discontinue this. So overall, would forever repurchase. Definitely holy grail and a very important part of my skincare.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My HG daily facial moisturizer without sunscreen (my fave one with sunscreen is the Olay Complete SPF 30 for sensitive skin, which is awesome, btw). I have very sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. My face randomly gets red throughout the day, especially on my cheeks. I SWEAR this stuff decreases my redness by like 70%. My skin is happier and less red and irritated when I use this stuff. It has never broken me out. My favorite thing about it is how quickly it sinks into the skin with NO residue. I think this would be awesome for a variety of skin types. If you have sensitive skin, give this a try!

To Read all 25 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had high hopes for this. The main I dislike it is that it irritates my sensitive, dry skin. It makes my laugh lines irritated. One my first application, it stung my skin. It has no scent, a medium viscosity and has a moderate moisture level. It is a nice base for my foundation. It applies smoothly over it. Otherwise, it's a very cheap and decent basic facial lotion. I found a big bottle for $8 at Target. This also makes my foundation turn orange and is a poor make up base.

on 4/9/2016 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my holy grail Olay facial lotion right here!!! I have issues with facial lotions that contain SPF I just can't use them due to breaking out & irritating my skin. This stuff is gentle on my skin while providing the moisture that I need and it doesn't make my skin greasy!!

I love how it absorbs and that I can wear it under makeup & primer. I love how its lightweight & I don't need to use a lot since a little goes a long way...plus throughout the day I never feel the need to reapply!!! I

mainly use this one during the warmer months then when it starts to get in the cold months I switch over to the Olay active hydrating beauty fluid. I highly rec this!! 5 lippies & more!!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I am 45 and have very sensitive, hormonal, rosacea prone, breakout prone skin. I have been using this product on and off for years. It is a fragrance free, lightweight lotion that sinks in immediately. It does not break me out, does not irritate my skin. In the winter time I add a few drops of jojoba oil to add more moisture because I am drier. I tried the fragrance free Micro sculpting cream and the fragrance free Total effects cream and those both clogged my pores.

Edit 9/2016
I have been using cerave pm with better results.

on 3/8/2016 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I attached a second photo of what the product looks like currently in stores. I have been using the OLAY MOISTURIZING LOTION SENSITIVE SKIN - version for over a year now and have had no breakouts/sensitive skin issues from it. I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin. I am on a acne.org regimen and have been clear for years - this stuff is the ONLY lotion I can put on my face that does not break me out, make me itch - or have any issues with. There is NO scent, it's light - I usually apply it to my dry areas lightly with a Q-tip so I don't overagitate my skin.

I've been able to use this over my BP lotion (for acne treatment) and then under foundation. No problems. I have found that it is a very light lotion, so sometimes I need to reapply. But to be able to find something that can handle dry skin and not make me break out on my face? Huge plus. I find that I can only find this at Target, not Walmart.

**Make sure you look at the Olay labels. This also comes in an SPF version - and that does NOT work for me. Too white and the SPF bothered my skin. This is WITHOUT SPF.

on 12/17/2015 12:50:00 AM

This would have been a great product but as with a lot of Olay products, they are filled with parabens! Why won't this company start thinking of the consumers?!

on 12/9/2015 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I recently fell in love with this product! It leaves my skin really soft and silky without leaving it greasy or shiny. The product absorbs very quickly so it is impossible to apply too much and have it pill...which a lot of moisturizers do. There is no scent, coloring or additives, just a basic moisturizer that does the job well. Packaging is perfect, plastic squeeze bottle, easy to control the product and safe for travel (due to screw on cap and plastic) I even like it more than cliniques dramatically different moisturizing lotion and gel which is a similar product but high end!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my holy grail of moisturizers. I've been using this for 4 years now, have gone through a countless amount of bottles. It's nice because it isn't heavy on the skin, great for sensitive skin, and I find that when I have issues with breakouts, putting some on before bed will usually help tremendously! I cannot recommend this product enough.

If you find your skin drinks it up too quickly, try adding a second layer roughly 5 -10 minutes later. Personally, it gives me soft moisturized skin for the whole day when I add a second layer closely after the first.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Bless , my partner has used this for years, and now has me hooked on it!!

Long gone are my Clarins/Clinique & EL cremes :) This does the job well.

I think in Winter I shall be trying out the Lancome cremes (80 for night and day cremes) eeeek! But I do really like this for summer/holidays :)

The price is stupidly cheap too! <3 it