CLINIQUE CliniqueFIT Workout Makeup

No Image

3.0

I remember when Clinique released all of their CliniqueFIT products, and I remember briefly scanning many of their ingredients list and not being super impressed. Recently I was at the Cosmetics Company Store and I saw a few of the CliniqueFIT products for decent prices so I picked up their CliniqueFIT Workout Makeup SPF 40 to give it a try. Actually, I really liked how this "foundation" looked aesthetically. This applies easily with a damp beauty blender since it is basically a very liquid formula. This sets reasonably quickly to a very matte finish. I thought this help up okay through heat and humidity as well as a good workout. This didn't settle into fine lines much either. What I didn't like about this is that denatured alcohol (the bad, drying kind) is way up there in the ingredients list. I also feel like my skin didn't like other factors about this because I ended up with a couple breakouts that I attribute to the CliniqueFIT Workout Makeup. Really wish they could have make this either without or using much, much less denatured alcohol. My video review can be seen here:

on 7/22/2018 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This wasn't awful on me, just didn't do anything noticeable and any even subtle tint seemed to disappear after an hour.

Sadly, it seems like I fell for brilliant marketing campaigns and claims again.

The only reason I didn't give it a lower rating is because it could be a workable sunscreen with the SPF 40. Plus, the light shade is the palest I've seen in Clinique foundations in ages (but still slightly too dark). Deeper skin shades may have trouble finding a match.

I would not purchase this again because it provided NO coverage on me. Really, it didn't even dim my melasma. Plus, it has sodium chloride and a few other ingredients that my skin doesn't love.

I'm going to stick with my beloved Yves St. Laurent All Hours foundation- lovely, natural coverage and one of the few my skin will tolerate.

Test it out before you fall for the claims like me!

Video Reviews & Tutorials