Biotherm Skin Oxygen Oxygenating Lotion

Biotherm Skin Oxygen Oxygenating Lotion

3.0

on 10/14/2018 9:55:00 AM

I got a sample of this. Wait, are they kidding? First of all, "oxygenating"... even if that were good for the skin (highly doubtful), there is nothing in this product that would "oxygenate" the skin. To claim that this somehow "helps de-pollute the skin", whatever that means, is laughable. You may think I'm being rude, but it really irritates me when people blithely recycle marketing blurbs in their reviews without even stopping to think, Is this total bulls**t?
The product in any case is so full of harmful and irritating ingredients that I did not even dare put any on my face - I wiped the back of my neck with it to refresh myself given its high alcohol content and strong fragrance.
Peppermint water, peppermint oil and menthol for example are well-known irritants, as are rosemary, thyme and oregano, clove and eugeniol, and geraniol, limonene and linalool (fragrance oils). Denatured alcohol is the third ingredient.... c'mon Biotherm, this product is a joke.

Here is the inci: Aqua, mentha piperita (=peppermint) leaf water, alcohol denat., caprylyl/capryl glucoside, arginine, propanediol, salicylic acid, cymbopogon schoenanthus (=lemongrass) oil, citral, citric acid, rosmarinus officinalis leaf oil, menthol, mentha piperita oil, geraniol, glycerin, limonene, eugenol, cymbopogon nardus (=citronella) oil, eugenia caryophyllus (clove) flower oil, origanum heracleoticum (oregano) flower oil, thymus vulgaris (thyme) flower/leaf oil, linalool, citronellol, chlorella vulgaris (algae) extract, vitreoscilla ferment, colour.

p.s. arginine, thyme oil and chlorella are considered antioxidants... in a product that is supposedly oxygenating.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this toner from Biotherm. it's from the newer skincare line Skin Oxygen, which helps to depollute skin. This toner helped with pore minimizing along with removing impurities and pollution on my skin. I feel this toner would be best for those with combination to oily skintypes. It is a product of natural origin.