ColourPop Give It To Me Straight Eyeshadow Palette

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my most used palette from Colourpop. These colors look especially good with my green eyes and blonde hair. You can create warm looks or cooler looks with the colors.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has got to be my most-used palette. I have brown eyes with a weird gold undertone and fair-light olive skin. My fondness for rose, burgundy, bronze and orange eyeshadows has been as almost as long-standing as my love for mascara. Thus, this palette was a dream come true. I am a fan of Colourpop's reliable quality for an extremely reasonable price point. This palette is well worth the cost and then some. I would out it against the popular offerings from TooFaced, Anastasia, and Urban Decay. PLUS: it's a powder-based product MADE IN THE USA! The metallics wear and wear with minimal fallout. The mattes go on soft and blendable. You won't be disappointed.

on 12/23/2018 7:59:00 PM

This is my very first ColourPop eyeshadow purchase, and I absolutely love it! I wanted to order on Black Friday when they had such an amazing sale. I had actually never ordered ANY ColourPop products before. I ordered this and five lipsticks, and I love everything. But about this palette....the colors just looked so pretty to me. And they really are. The quality of the shadows is amazing. Really, really pigmented, extremely blendable and easy to work with, and I have had zero fallout. I have had so much fun creating a wide variety of eye looks with it, from subtle to dramatic, more matte to really shimmery. All have been really pretty. After trying this I will definitely try more of their palettes. The sale price was great, but it is absolutely worth the full price.

on 7/15/2018 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this palette from Ulta. It was 20% off at one point, but otherwise it's $16. Why I chose *this* one? Because I wanted to try an eyeshadow palette from Colourpop, and Ulta has a good return policy, while when buying form the Colourpop site, sales are final due to the low cost of the products. I didn't actually expect to return it though, as I've tried Colourpop eyeshadow singles before and liked most of them more than the eyeshadows I own from other brands. Note that the Colourpop single eyeshadows are a standard size, but the ones in most palettes are slightly smaller.

I did research this palette beforehand, but I was still a little surprised at how similar the colors in it were. Right away, I thought this would be a great palette for those who like to do variations of a rose gold eye look. It was possible to do a pink look, a darker pink look, a bronze one, an orange one, and a darker burgyndy. It's also possible to foil the shadows or create matte looks (although I find the matte looks I can create with this a bit boring). The palette definitely has a theme, which can be good or bad, depending on what you like to do eyeshadow-wise. On one hand, the palette can be a little boring, on the other hand, it has colors that go together easily, and there's a a good variation of those shades. It does lack a black and a color that can be used as a brow highlight on lighter skins though - the lightest color in this has a pink undertone, which might not look nice under the brow for many people.

I have tried all of the eyeshadows out at least once. The quality of all of them (except one) is fantastic! They blend really nicely, most don't have fallout and all of them stay put on me for the whole day, without fading, even without me using an eyeshadow primer. The more glittery shades are better to apply with a flat brush to avoid fallout. I love how pigmented the eyeshadows are. I think the quality for the price is amazing! I was a little surprised that some of the colors go on a little more orange than I would expect though... I thought Truth Hurts and Straight Up would be more neutral, but they are definitely quite orange, at least on my NC25 skin tone. Downright, Frank and Matter Of Fact looked more pink than I thought they would. None of the shades are neutral enough to look completely natural on my skin - I can always see that it's eyeshadow, but it's possible to make lighter and darker eyeshadow looks very easily.

The packaging is made of cardboard, but it doesn't feel cheap, doesn't get messy easily, and it looks quite cute. I wish there was a mirror, but I Canada. do without it too, as I always have *some* kind of mirror available. So, packaging-wise, this is OK, but Colourpop does have other type of packaging that is much cuter or more practical. I actually prefer the slightly smaller pan sizes - I've very rarely managed to finish a full-sized eyeshadow anyway.

I don't regret buying my palette, but it's a bit outside of my usual style. I would recommend the palette if you like pinks and bronzes, preferably shimmery looks. I generally don't like those types of colors because they tend to match my lipstick too easily. I like colors, and I can't really wear purple, green, blue, glitter etc. on my lips without it looking out of place. I can totally wear things like that on my eyes though, and I usually like to do so.

If you like the pink looks one can do with this palette, but don't care about the orange ones, I'd recommend looking into the Dream St Palette, which has some very pretty dark teals. I also think the You Had Me At Hello would be a better choice for me, as the colors have more variety, it has a mirror, and a pretty purple shade that stands out (and also 30% more product). I don't regret this purchase though, and do use it regularly.