Kat Von D 24-Hour Super Brow Long-Wear Pomade

Kat Von D 24-Hour Super Brow Long-Wear Pomade

on 9/3/2018 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Waterproof, long-lasting brows; easily removable with a waterproof eye makeup remover! I’ve been looking for a brow product that is waterproof because I’m going on vacation soon and this is it. I have oily skin — with other brow products like any of the Benefit or Anastasia brow pencils, my eyebrows would melt off throughout the day, rubbing off on the tops of my glasses or onto my fingers if i happened to touch my brows. This KVD brow pomade truly lasts 24-hours and never melts on me or rubs off!!! It’s amazing! Color-wise, it’s pretty dark — if you’re debating between two shades, go with the lighter one because it’s buildable! Also doesn’t look patchy if you use it lightly and brush it out enough. I have dark hair but my brows are naturally light/sparse/thin and I look weird af with dark brows. I got the color light brown, and it’s easy to use too much. When I swatched in the store, I found that if I built up light brown enough, it was very similar to a quick swipe of the next darkest shade, so I went with the lighter shade.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

YES. YES. YES.

I will start by saying this is the first ever brow pomade I've bought. Being that I am fair (NC20), have yellow undertones in my skin but cooler tones in my hair, finding a shade of brow anything that also stayed in place while not enhancing my RBF was quite a challenge. Anastasia's Brow Wiz in Soft Brown came close to being holy grail, but I found that as my skin got oily through the day, it would slide off in places and I'd have weird looking brows by night time.

I went to Sephora with the intention of buying this pomade in Medium Brown since I have the KVD pencil in this shade and it looks great as an outline on my brows with a lighter fill using ABH brow powder in Soft Brown. They didn't have the Medium Brown so I opted for Light Brown because it swatched cool enough on my hand to still match my dark brown (about level 5) roots. HOLY PIGMENT! It's some intense color in here, y'all. Cooler pigments absorb light and warmer pigments reflect it. Somehow, Light Brown is a perfect neutral that looks fantastic on my skin and matches my hair perfectly. It's true what they say that a good, structured brow can take years off!

The formula is incredibly creamy and easy to blend/work with. So much so that it's quite easy to pick up too much on a brow brush, which is why I recommend using a more stiff, finely-edged angle brush with this formula. People who regularly use brow pomades might read this and think "no duh", but as a newbie to brow pomades, having the right tools has helped me tremendously. This stuff is so easy to move around and the color is so perfect that I can fill in my brows with the remaining pigment on the brush and there's no need to use anything else with it besides a setting gel. My brows don't look blocky or instagrammy, either since so little product is needed to fill in the sparse areas. As someone with a high-stress job that requires looking polished no matter what, this little jar has just stepped up my makeup routine by cutting down on application time with simplicity and efficiency. And at the rate this is going to last me, it is a fantastic value for the price.

As far as the 24-hour claim? I went out for a "glass" of wine last night that ended up turning into a cocktail- and wine-infused betchfest. I PTFO at midnight in my daytime everything (don't judge! Lol). My face was a hot mess at 10 am today, but my brows? STILL ON. This is what inspired me to write this review and spread the word. That's 24 hours of touching my face, talking on the phone, yelling at people, yelling at more people after a lot of alcohol, and bedsheets on my face. Can you current brows do that?

I can't say enough good things about this pomade. KVD is cruelty-free as well and that's a big reason I started buying her stuff to begin with.

JUST. BUY. THIS.

on 8/27/2018 10:22:00 AM

I bought this after dying my hair purple. Got the aubergine to match my hair. It is the best, it locks in and does not budge. Dries pretty quick so you have to work pretty quickly but it is definitely worth it (and the money). The colour is also spot on and it may sound hard to believe but looks quite natural.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to be so into my Dipbrow by ABH, I never thought something better would come along. And yet, KVD did it!

I always loved KVD makeup, but never tried anything from her brow range. I figured, after hearing so many amazing things about her brow pomade, to finally give it a shot and I don't regret it even one bit! While Dipbrow dries very fast and can look a bit blotchy at times, not blending well on the skin - this KVD magic pot of unicorn tears gets the job done in 1, 2, 3. I have naturally thick brows, but with a few gaps and nothing fills them in quicker, or just as efficient as this little guy.

I have black hair, so shade Graphite is a perfect match. It looks pitch black in the pan, but on my brows it looks spot on. (While Ebony by ABH would still look a touch more brown). The product sets fast, so do work one brow at a time. I have a separate review on this pomade on my site, for those of you who want to read more/see a makeup look with it (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/07/22/5-Girlboss--Products-You-Should-Try-This-Summer). Hope it helps!

on 7/14/2018 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

As an avid user of pomade, I picked up the new Kat Von D pomade as soon as I could get my hands on it. One jar costs $19. I was very impressed with the shade range, as it covers most natural hair colors, except for naturally red hair, and a few fun colors like blue, green, pink, etc. The packaging for this product is very pretty and the color of the top also matches the product inside, which is particularly useful if you have multiple shades from this line. The product is very easy to apply, especially with the pomade brow brush that was released with the brow products line. This pomade is definitely waterproof, having tested it in the shower, and has held up more than 24 hours through sleep and sweat. The product does dry quickly, so I recommend keeping the cap on tight when it's not being used to make sure the product lasts for a long time.

One of the biggest questions people had upon the launch of this product was how it would compare to the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade. Anastasia's Dipbrow was my go-to for years. I will say that I prefer the Kat Von D packaging as they are color coded and seem to lock better, which will prevent the product from drying out. The Anastasia Dipbrow is cheaper, but only by a dollar, though this may vary depending on what country you live in. The Kat Von D pomade seems creamier than the Anastasia one, which seems thicker to me. I think that the Kat Von D pomade is easier to work with because of this, but this aspect of the product and how it works for the user will vary and is more of a personal preference than anything else. Ultimately you cannot go wrong with either product, but the Kat Von D one is currently my preferred pomade of the two. I would absolutely repurchase this brow product.

Popular Brows Products