Deciem Ascorbic acid 8% and Alpha Arbuthnot 2%

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/14/2018 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Updating my review to 5 lippies. When you’ve been using a product for about a week and your husband asks if you are wearing makeup when you are makeup free you know it’s working!

In my never ending quest to conquer my melasma I have used countless serums, toners, lotions and creams that claim to brighten, fade, lighten the brown patches on my cheeks and upper lip only to see them continue to spread and darken. In the last year I strictly used La praire and Skinceauticals in my effort to erase them. I was spending about $800 every 3 months for very minimal results. However, 2 days use of The Ordinary’s Ascorbic Acid and Alpha Arbutin did more to fade the marks than one years use of Skinceaticals’s CE Ferulic.

I rated this product 4 lippies because it’s only been two days. I will evaluate further in about 2 weeks. The consistency is thicker than other serums due to the base, therefore very little is needed. There is no noticeable scent.

I’ve also added Bioloque Recherche’s Lotion P50 about 5 days ago, which is an amazing product and I believe brings my skin to the proper Ph in order to make all other products to follow more effective.