Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara - Lengthening

3.7

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not sure the name "One Coat" is accurate but two works. This is water resistant, has staying power and does not run. It's easier to take off with oil so less rubbing on the eyes. My only complaint is that there is alot of product that comes out on the wand which was noticeable after a month's use.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

The brush on this mascara is the shape and type of bristles I like (don't like the plastic ones) so I may clean the brush and use it with another mascara, but I do not like the formula of this one. I found it to be very dry, it flakes pretty easily and it seemed to have no real depth to the color. I got in in black but it just did not show up well. My lashes are average length and thickness and with other mascaras I can get a lot of length, but for a lengthening mascara, this did nothing. No definition, no length, and it seemed to clump somewhat. I used this many years ago it used to be much better overall. The price is about $6, but I think I ended up getting it for about $1 with coupons and sales, so it was not a big loss. If you can find products on a super sale or clearance and use coupons, it is a really good way to try a product without too much of an investment--then you don't feel so bad if it does not work.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I do like this mascara. The formula is not too clumpy but still adds a little bit of volume and a little bit of drama while still lengthening. I apply this after I curl my eyelashes and it holds the curl pretty well too. Overall, not my favorite mascara, but a pretty fair one.

love this mascara, this mascara separates my lashes and leaves me with no clumps which is impressive. also it helps keep your lashes strong and from falling out.
this mascara gives a natural look, which I love.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. It lengthens my lashes without looking fake. it doesn't clump, too. The only downside of it is that it actually become flaky after a long wear. But to reverse that, I do apply first lip balm to my lashes. somehow it minimizes the flaking. I gotta try other Almay Mascara. I was really satisfied with this product and its formula.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A VERY NATURAL MASCARA WITH AN OBSCENELY HUGE BRUSH!!!!
That is my general synopsis of this mascara.
Now for the nitty-gritty:
I have been on the hunt for a thickening BROWN mascara, not too concerned with lengthening. I know this is the LENGTHENING one, and I purposely bought it over the thickening one based on what the picture of the brush looked like. The brush on the thickening one looked like it would clump and looked huge..(little did I know the brush on this bad boy ended up being crazy-awkward-huge....Which is why I like the mascaras now that you can see the actual brush..).

Anyhoo....This mascara does not last. Within an hour or so it will all but virtually disappear. This is okay if you are just going out to lunch with girlfriends or doing some light shopping. But if you are looking for a mascara to last all day, or even from breakfast to lunch, then this probably is not for you.

Also the brush..Holy-Moly, this brush is HUGE!! and it is a LONG brush..I have never seen such a long brush..as in, the bristle part are made for eyes that are apparently 3 inches wide. Very awkward, and it is very easy to have mascara end up on your eyelids or somewhere on your skin because of the huge and long brush. Did anybody test this thing......?

Now, that all said, it was okay for what I wanted, which is a natural-looking mascara. I can work with the ginormous brush and for all the little I will wear this mascara, I will work with it. I did purchase this with the basic intent of wearing it just out to lunch with the girls, short little excursions, etc. So it fits the bill for that. Not sure it will last longer than an hour though. I was going to give it three stars but given it does not do what it says, and it disappears so dang fast, no. I almost gave it only one star, but it DID do what I had been looking for. But in thinking of how the mascara performs, no. Had this been named 'natural' and 'easy to remove' and not given the impression that it is long-wearing, maybe. But then that hideously huge brush. OY....

The mascara did not flake or smudge (guess it just wore off before it had the chance to do any of those things...?) and it was pretty clump-free.

All in all, this is okay for quick little trips to the store or other similar instances. But if you are looking for something to last more than an hour, look elsewhere. Removed just fine, but, again, there was very little to remove when it came time to remove it, lol. I guess it disappears because it is dry..? Although it did not feel dry..*shrug*

Would not recommend.
This might be good for a young girl getting into makeup, or someone wanting a light/natural mascara, but that brush....you can poke an eye out if you are not careful...! So, no, I would not recommend and will not re-purchase...

I was very satisfied with this product, it made my lashes very long, they touch my eyebrows with this stuff one. It says one coat but I do like 3 or 4 to get the look I want. If you like the natural "no makeup look" then one or two is enough for you. I like dramatic lashes so I wear this with my Great Lash BIG by Maybelline and I love the way my lashes look. I wear this mascara by itself as well, and I love it so much. I will definitely keep buying this. One of the best drugstore mascaras I have found!! It doesn't smudge or flake.. no clumping either so far. 5 out of 5... can't beat that!

This is a great mascara as it's comfortable,easy to apply,the applicator is not messy and it does what it means -Lengthen.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I decided to try this based on Paula Begouins BEST products rating. I do love the old school brush and no clump application. Although, I had to apply 3 coats of this one to get my normal look while my CG Super Thick Lash delivers better results with only 2 coats. Hopefully it wont transfer or flake by the end of the day which is what normally happens with all others I have tried. Still looking for that perfect mascara for $10 or less!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Will totally buy again. Long, pretty sexy lashes! I'm a bigger fan of longer thicker lashes than volumized and separate lashes. The product has clumping and isn't perfect, but it gives me the look I want. Very easy to wash off and no flaking. Highly recommended.

Popular Mascaras