L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara Primer

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara Primer
One side with just Lash Paradise mascara, the otheVoluminous Lash Paradise Mascara Primer

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm going to start this off by saying that I don't usually use lash primers, but my boyfriend has a work christmas party coming up and when I feel anxious about something I focus on looking so good that it will mask anything awkward I say or do, (anxiety is a strange beast). Also, my coworker had really amazing lash length the other day and we started talking about this product, so I bought some in a pack with the Lash Paradise Blackest Black mascara (not waterproof).

I wore the primer and the mascara together today and I really liked the look! I wasn't sure how much was the primer because, although it's been a while since I've used the lash paradise mascara, I do know that it gives some bomb lashes. So, when I took off my makeup this evening I used the primer on one eye and two coats of mascara on both. Holy crap there was a significant difference! The primer did make my lashes look fuller and longer than the mascara alone, and I hadn't curled my lashes before or anything. My lashes still looked great with the the mascara but that primer is definitely being worn to that Christmas party. (What's up corporate people, my lashes are not intimidated by you!) Once they dried I touched my lashes a little just to see if there was a difference and I found the ones with primer to be a little bouncier than the ones without. Someone mentioned a scent, but I didn't smell mine.

Will I prime my lashes every day for the rest of forever? No. But I WILL probably be using this primer until it's either gone or too old, and then I'll buy a new one when wedding season comes around again...but probably with waterproof mascara on top. Weddings make me weep.

I like the lash primer it gives extra volume and conditions my lashes. It's a cheaper alternative to my favourite Dior Lash primer. Compared to the Urban Decay, Clinique and Smashbox lash primer I prefer the L'Oréal. Compared to the Dior, the Dior lash primer leaves my lashes soft and prevents, based on my personal experience, the mascara from smudging. With the L'Oréal my mascara still smudges but I think it would be great under waterproof mascaras.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I typically only wear lash primers on evenings out or special occasions, but when I saw L'Oreal Paris Paradise Mascara Primer on sale at CVS, I was immediately attracted to the primer's shade name itself ("Millenial Pink") and the gorgeous metallic pink packaging. I decided to try it the next Saturday, and I further fell in love with the primer's delicate rose scent and pale pink tint. It made my mascara look more dramatic and last longer, with no smudging, flaking, or allergic reactions.

I heard about Paradise Mascara on my favourite YouTuber's video, she was raving it so much, so much so that it made me really curious about these mascaras. I already have a favorite top-coat mascara (Clinique), so purchased this primer instead of mascara. So far I'm very happy with the result - it gives fuller longer lashes I always wanted. Be aware though that you have to take time to cover all the white bits so it is not exactly a quick apply & I found it works better not to apply from the loot of my lashes but apply from the middle to the top only to add more length.